About bandwidth on USB ad GbE

RFC 1323 is a standard.

look it up.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to
Jasen Betts

Much closer to the max, and much more real.

Windows 7 still uses "Winsock"? No way! Really?

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

"PCI" IS "legacy" or it is NOT "PCI". The core compliance IS the legacy part, dingledorf.

But yeah, I forgot that the new PPCs have it integrated, like the Cell does.

You said that. Are you sure that you have that level of PCIe available? Many MOBOs are 16x for the vid card, but only 1x for the PCIe slot.

Every "real time control" has operational latencies in it. You have to gather them all up and determine how to account for them, and still get your controls to operate. If that latency is higher than the need, you will never get there.

Sure there is. Who made the CPU? Mobo?

The number free part was fine. The "hand waving" is yet another veiled insult. Fuck off, Johnny.

No shit, dumbfuck.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Fascinating.

The customer is going to plug one of these

into his CPCI PPC processor board, which has two XMC mezzanine slots. Then we go to one of those nice $100 Molex cables, to our board, through a couple of equalizer chips, into our FPGA.

Gosh, tell us more.

John

That you are a retarded twit? No, it fascinates no one. Your arrogance likely gets in the way of everything else you do as well.

Note where it says that it only has FOUR lane re-drivers. Ooops.

Note where it states:

Industry Specifications ?PCIe External Cabling Specification, Rev. 1.0 ?PCI Express? Card Electromechanical Specification, Rev. 2.0 ?PCI Express ® Base Specification, Rev. 2.0 ? VITA 42.0-2005 ?ANSI/VITA 42.3-2006

Not real hard to find out what you need to know with that placard in your face.

You're a goddamned retard, John. No 'gosh or golly' about it, pussy boy. You lose. I am not even going to spam the better card maker.

Take your loser project somewhere else. The latency is in between your ears. You know, where all that thick bone and fat are at.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Reading comprehension issue. It uses two of the Pericom chips, at 4 lanes each.

Ooops back at'cha.

None of that tells us anything about actual latency.

John

The DimmerMan.

John

Four satellite hops to ping in 45 ms? That works out to about 40 times the speed of light.

Gaming? At your age?

I'd like the FPGA to slam a modest packet of data into the PPC in, say, 250 nanoseconds.

John

You're an idiot. Get yourself a modem. call up NIST with the "Timeset" application, and watch the return strings, and watch how often they fire off, and watch what they declare your latency to be. I never said anything about 4 'satellite' hops. I said 4 hops, you stupid, illiterate dumbass. That in no way infers nor suggests that they are "satellite hops" and you're an idiot to think that the system would route a signal that way to begin with.

Your math is off. Nothing new.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Wouldn't you expect a 10 year old to play PC games?

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard