Subject Author Posted Replies

Does this thermodynamic invention make any sense?
I'm wondering if this makes sense You have an oil lamp as a source of heat. Then you have a thermoelectric generator coupled thermally to it. (Could be a cooler run backwards.) then you connect that...
26
26

Triac vs MOSFETs for AC switching
I'm designing a switch (basically a SSR) for AC 110V, 60Hz. Does anyone kn ow if it's better to go with a pair of FETs or with a Triac? My design has to be able to withstand a short circuit current of...
35
35

Magnetically Actuated Micro-Robots for Advanced Manipulation
This is cool: (especially after 50secs into the video) Cheers Klaus
3
3

PING Kevin Ayward
Kevin, As you are a simulator expert, I have a question for you... If I have a _bounded_ source driving an Algebraic multiplication, is the result bounded (in simulators :), or should I bound the...
5
5

test gadget
Imagine a box with a USB interface, that is full of DACs, a mux'd high-quality DVM, a bunch of logic i/os, I2C and SPI, some SSRs, a few programmable power supplies, all easy to control from various...
17
17

Survivalist Electronics and Technology
So, I am opening this subject, since I have not seen any disciplined approach to the subject. What happens with an errant meteor or that awkward emp goes off? Can electronics be protected? Does...
42
42

NCP3065 in DIL?
Hi Does anyone know whether this chip from On Semi. comes in DIL packege? WBR Sonnich
3
3

Test equipment auction
I know some of you always seem to be on the look out for test equipment. I got this email today from Bentley's Auction for 300 lots of test equipment. Might all be crap, might be a good item in there....
1
1

Stepping multiple parameters in a simulation
A question presented on the LTspice list by John Woodgate prompted my answer, which may be of interest to other LTspice/PSpice/whatever users: Here's an extreme example of multi-parameter stepping......

Enough power ?
I am looking to replace AAA batteries with this AGM battery. 4.5 AH- 6 VOLT It would power 3 flashlights that have 9 LEDS each that each use 3 AAA batteries. I would also get a NOCO Genius 6v 12v 750...
13
13

Group faq?
Googling around for a FAQ describing the intent and politeness rules for this newsgroup. Any pointers?
11
11

OOOKAY- This Explains Everything- A Woman at the Helm of the Sewol
147
147

Re: Sage help needed
Is there a mode setting -- evaluate versus exact mode, or what have you? I've only used a few math suites, so I can't be much help specifically.. Tim
2
2

OT: Phil are you okay?
??? ( Not Dr. Phil, by the way )
10
10

How Does This Grabya ? Analog Scope Frequency Response Meter.
Now you people gonna see what happens when I catch just the right buzz. lol There are a jillion old scopes out there. We can still somewhat use the 20M hz jobs for something, but anything lower than...
4
4