Subject Author Posted Replies

POT: (Possibly Off-Topic?) Software to create a User Manual
Figured I'd ask here. Anyone know (or have a favorite) software tool to create a User's Manual? This manual will support a moderately complex software tool that is 4 years in the making. I'm expecting...
18
18

[OT] eCAT news
Since eCAT has been discussed here before, I thought a few of you might be interested in a new test, which is performed by the same group from Italy/Sweden, which first test was discussed here some...
9
9

WARNING: Ubee Cable Modem Died (heat related)
Hello, I know this video doesn't proof much, I could make a new one and proof that it's dead. But for now this will have to do and you will have to take my word on it: ^ I will now issue an OFFICIAL...
17
17

7V on 5V power plug
If it looks right, plug it in. That's what happened when someone plug in a 300mA wall plug into a 7" tablet expecting 5V 2A. I measured the DC out and got 7V. The battery (4V) also got 7V. So, most of...
7
7

Isn't This a First ????
Who pays another business to take a subdivision off your hands??? And $1.5B at that? GlobalFoundries is arab owned.
5
5

Metal-Semiconductor contacts.
Hi All, I'm headed back to the CNF ( shortly. It's a user clean room facility for semiconductor processing. My goal is to make some very simple samples. I'll take Ge and Si wafers and sputter or...
4
4

Canada Won't Be Intimidated
...says Harper. Riiiiight- except when a lunatic with a crummy hand loaded shotgun is roaming their building, then everyone runs for cover, barricadin g themselves in chambers by throwing thousands of...
2
2

Gilbert transconductance cell ( how does it work?)
Anybody know how this thing works? It seems to simulate ok but I'm unclear how 2 frequencies produce a difference frequency.with a gain of 30dB or more across the LC .The signal input is 640KHz at 1...
17
17

Almost All Digital Electronics L/C Meter IIB
On semi-rare occasions,when i am measuring capacitors,the meter will say "Not a capacitor" and re-zeroing does not help. What is going on? Dew it need fixing?
11
11

USB shield at device.
What to do with the USB cable shield at the device end? a) Leave it unconnected? b) Connect it directly to signal ground? c) Connect to signal ground via some impedance? Of those, (a) seems to be a...
152
152

Job Application
There was a discussion recently on finding qualified job applicants. Here's one that applied at McDonalds and they hired him for his honesty. You don't see that very often:
10
10

homeland security
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
30
30

Thermal Imagers for PCB testing
Designing power electronics requires thermal testing and I would like to purchase a hand held thermal Imager in the
13
13

Millions Down the Drain to Free Religious Nutcase....
A "street department" employee no less- A US citizen freed from detention in North Korea receives an emotional homecoming in Ohio as Washington works to release two other Americans.
7
7

Skunk Works Reveals Compact Fusion Reactor Details
We have been seeing little detail-free teasers that Lockheed-Martin's Skunk Works had come up with a new approach to hydrogen fusion. The article came in the 15 October 2014 issue of Aviation Week, on...
38
38