Subject Author Posted Replies

W2k Not connecting via lan to W7 fixed itself.
I was here the other day stating my issue with w7 no longer being able to LAN connect to my W2k, kept claming I didn't have permission, user name, password etc wrong.. Tonight I took a shot at it...
12
12

OT: Paint Question
What should I prime a metal bracket with before applying acrylic house paint? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
19
19

emitter follower gain
Here's a simple emitter follower: Version 4 SHEET 1 880 680 WIRE 272 -112 224 -112 WIRE 368 -112 272 -112 WIRE 368 -64 368 -112 WIRE 368 64 368 16 WIRE 224 96 224 -112 WIRE -32 144 -112 144 WIRE 112...
59
59

Flyback converter
Any design example or guide for multiple output primary side regulated (PSR) flyback converter ?? How good is the regulation when multiple outputs are used in PSR flybacks ?
11
11

Harvesting Backscatter Microwaves
I was intrigued by the folowing article. Wireless Devices Go Battery Free with New Communication Technique. Since I happen to live near a cell phone tower, I am curious to see how much power it would...
41
41

OT: Cordless headphones
Hi, Years ago, I had purchased a set of 900MHz headphones (not earbuds, etc). Recently, dragged them out of storage as I can make use of them late at night when SWMBO wouldn't be keen on hearing my...
14
14

MS Got me with W2k network issues :(
I have tons of schematics, sims, reference PDFs on a W2k PC, yes I know it's old but it works flawlessly.. I Also have a W7 power house machine with large monitor etc, and at times I like to do my...
4
4

Obsolete Capacitor?
Greetings gentlemen, What kind of end product would a capacitor such as this be found in? Thanks.
13
13

Thermometer Code Chip
I'm looking for a chip that outputs a Thermometer Code. I vaguely remember such a device. Is there one still made? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
34
34

How to calbrate a DC voltage?
I have a FET and a load and a micro outputting PWM. I want to convert the PWM to DC (low-pass filtered?) which will control the current through the FET. I also want to be able to calibrate the DC...
20
20

OT: The land is sinking
9 meters subsidence between 1925 and 1977 in the San Jocquin Valley, CA for instance: This aquifer depletion related subsidence is permanent, there will be no recovery of aquifer capacity regardless...
26
26

OT: On the funnier side
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
9
9

OT: Food for thought
Adlai Stevenson famously offered this definition: "A free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular." We do not live in that society. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...

Critic of circuit before I build it.
I'm about to build this circuit to compare output from different ferrite receive antennas. I will be using it with the the FET amplifier referenced at the bottom of the page, so the input impedance is...
20
20

Permafrost Thaw Potentially Dwarfs Manmade GHG Emissions
11
11