Subject Author Posted Replies

Connecting raspberry to DVR
Hi ! I didn't try this but i guess it should work. DVR is located cca 80 meters from the wireless router and there is no way to connect wire between those two, so the idea was to hook up RSP with...
2
2

OT: Interior Design
I have my library finished, just line the walls with bookcases and a reading desk and a sofa ;-) Now I'm pondering how to do my office. The old floor space was a rectangle, the new is slighter more...
35
35

Flashing shoelaces... flexible light pipe material?
Hi. Hallowe'en is approaching, so when I heard about these flashing-LED shoelaces I ordered a pair from to see how they worked, and to possibly incorporate into a door decoration. The "laces" are some...
6
6

no designing today
All my engineers are up on the roof looking at the Blue Angels buzzing the city. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
12
12

I/O-pin RC0 stuck on PIC16F526
So PORTC is set for output by TRIS. Comparators are disabled in CM1CON0 and CM2CON0. Nevertheless this RC0/C2IN+ stucks high. Checked it on both a prototype board and a breadboard with two different...
1
1

OT: table CALL does not work
Program: LIST p=P16F648A #include ; Was P16F628A __CONFIG _CP_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _HS_OSC & _LVP_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _BOREN_OFF __IDLOCS 0x0001 ; VARIABLES ptrlo EQU 0x20 ; table pointer...
16
16

high voltage amp
Speaking of PV optocouplers, here's an amp that can swing 600 volts p-p (or more, if you want it) using maybe $10 worth of parts. The R12...C4 thing corrects for a bit of transient overshoot. It might...
8
8

series jfet as pulse current limiter
How good is the jfet current source in a pulsed situation? Talking mAs, 40V, 100s of nS. External rgs 470R-1K It may be recovering from reversed conduction, where current was resistively limited to
6
6

OT: Prince Rupert's Drop
This is pretty cool!
32
32

OT: Gluing PVC
I want to make up an egg-crate rack by stacking 1-1/2" PVC pipe. I think the Oatey type PVC glues require an interference fit to work. What would you recommend for this side-by-side situation? ...Jim...
27
27

OT: How USPS destroys American jobs
Folks, Just shipped some electronics to Europe, all of 10.8oz, not exactly a heavy load. USPS has discontinued surface mail long since so this cost a whopping $16. Sixteen! The guy in China can sell a...
61
61

HV gate driver
I need to make some high voltage pulses, and found this cool IR2213 gate driver. The datasheet is fairly fuzzy and there are no appnotes or eval boards, so I figured I'd breadboard it just to make...
10
10

Looks like Heathkit is coming back
Folks, Not a lot yet but it's a start:
60
60

LH0002CN unity buffer chip?
Any one out there in the US hording any of these LH0002CN PDIP-10 packages? We have a need for a few, a tube of them would be nice. I saw a posting on Amazon for $2.xx something but they didn't...
4
4

political rant
Actually, I just want to type something on my spiffy new illuminated Lightech keyboard. It's much better than the one that came with my new Dell PC. OK, prediction: Obama hates Hillary. Biden knows...
18
18