Subject Author Posted Replies

Ion drive for aircraft imminent.
Nanotechnology makes possible an "ion drive" for air vehicles analogous to the famous ion drive of NASA's deep space probes: Carbon nanotubes for "Ionic Wind" Craft or "Ionocraft". Clark R* Department...
144
144

OT ?
A child of 5 or 6 high functioning autistic,is there some way to introduce arduino type or any other electronic programming technology that is self learning when you do not know the capabilities of...
9
9

low-cost LED-based "one sun" light source
Does anyone here know about making a low-cost LED-based "one sun" light source? Commercial sources are large and expensive. Yes, they have very accurate spectral characteristics, and are uniform,...
89
89

OT: Spam script, what does it do?
OT: Spam script, what does it do? I keep getting these in my E-mail, contained in attached ZIP files, automatically tossed into the recycle bin, so I retrieved one and thought I'd ask if a script...
4
4

help Gen Rad DIGIBRIDGE 1689 electric diagram and more
Hi, I'm trying to put working a GR1689 RLC meter I found the instruction manual (pdf) but the section with the electric diagram is missing... The manual is useful also for the troubleshooting, but the...
2
2

great talk about politics and silicon valley and bubbles
Some serious reality. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
44
44

Drop ceiling hole patch
Anyone have experience patching a hole in a drop ceiling tile after removing a device mounted there? It's a round hole, 2 or 3 cm wide. There doesn't seem to be a product made for this.
7
7

Anti-static cordless ESD wrist strap ...THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!
Heh. No, seriously. And no need for 500uCu of Po-210. When performing the VandeGraaff classroom hair-raise demo, I noticed something cool. The kids without any long hair, instead I always have them...
1
1

Surge Protection
Hi, What is the best choice currently for protecting SMPS circuitry in the event of surge at mains switch-on? I'm talking about the PSU sections of oscilloscopes, typically, so under normal working...
36
36

Optotriac resistor selection
I have a MOC3010 optotriac (from da junk box) that I'm trying to use to switch about 100VAC from a small inverter brick to a length of EL wire about a meter long. Right now I'm driving the internal...
23
23

A question showing my ignorance.
I'm working with my Boonton 260A, it is a older device with tubes. I don't understand how a D'arsonval movement is used where I 'think' there is an AC signal. What am I missing? Here is a schematic....
31
31

How to make a bipolar electrolytic capacitor from what you have in your junk box.
Let's say you need a >10 microfarad bipolar cap rated to stand off 10 volts, right away, and and all you have in your junk box is a 50 microfarad monopolar aluminum electrolytic rated to stand off 50...
15
15

OT: Class D Amplifier Design
Hi all, Please excuse this off-topic posting which doesn't involve US politics at all. I was just wondering what the efficacy of class D amps is when applied to the design of hi-fidelity audio...
111
111

Creating a "Moving" EM Field Between Two Coils
I would like to experiment with an electromagnetic field that "moves" in space. By this I mean a single zone of constructive interference that shifts its position linearly within the space between two...
19
19

OT: First Reports of Vote-Rigging Emerge in Early Voting
Crooked Hillary yet again falls back on her life-long habit of cheating 'cos she knows damn well it's her only hope: Her close pal George Soros is part owner of the corporation that makes the rigged...
3
3