Subject Author Posted Replies

American Optical Stereo Zoom; Accessory Thread
As mentioned in a S.E.D. posting in the "Re: Digital Microscope purchase" thread on 23 June 2019, I recently purchased a well used Model 570 StereoStar Zoom. As it turned out, this unit had been...
1
1

x-Chapters - 4x.26 - Fast 2.5A current source
Here's a draft of the first 5 pages of a 6-page section I'm finishing. This is the last section to go into the x-Chapters book. Everything is down to the wire, and there isn't time for all the...
3
3

RS-485 Pinout to RJ45
Is there a standard (or at least, recommended) pinout for an RS-485 network to an 8-pin RJ45 style jack? I Googled it and it seems to very wildly by manufacturer and/or product. I have to layout a...
10
10

Nice resistor distributions
Hi We are using a lot of Yageo RC32 SMD resistors When I measure a bunch of these resistors, I get a tolerance of about 0.2%, with a normal distribution at some mean point in between the +/- 1% spec...

interesting inductor
That is technically a commmon-mode choke - which makes it cheap - but is probably useful for a real-inductor need that we have now. It's spec'd at 1.8 mH per winding, but my AADE meter says about 2.5....
56
56

microcap free unsupported
RL
3
3

OT: Tax-free holiday starts today.
A tax-free holiday weekend starts today, in Massachusetts (our sales tax is 6.25%). But my wife and I can't think of anything to buy!
9
9

Susumu resistors
These are the cheap 25 PPM parts. (actually a test post, but with some content)
14
14

Molten Salt Nuclear Meltdown-Proof Reactors- WTH Is Taking Them So Long?
"The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the International Energy Ag ency, the United Nations, the Obama Administration and even over 70% of cli mate scientists agree that we must ramp up...
33
33

Transfer function request
Is there a filter topology to synthesize the following transfer function (with omega normalized to 1): s*(s^2 + 2*zeta*s + 1) A zero at the origin, and a complex conjugate pair of zeros. Bode plot...
7
7

Semi OT, new overhead LED lights in T-8 size tube
So a week or two ago they put new LED T-8 (4') bulbs overhead in my lab. Today I was doing some noise testing and I wondered how 'bad' the new bulbs were. They are great, a quick survey and I could...
5
5

Texas power prices briefly soar to $9,000/MWh as heat wave bakes state
Unbelievable 75GW peak demand due to heat wave, almost nothing in reserve. And this is just the warm-up, it's going to get much worse. Electricity prices in Texas soared to $9,000 a megawatt hour as...
171
171

Nuclear battery
Not terribly innovative on its own, but given the DIY aspect and price, it can be a viable "eternal" auxiliary power supply for some hi-rel devices: The tritium pipes are available on Aliexpress for...
75
75

OT computer USB Beep at connect.discounect
Every once in a while I need to disconnect my keyboard, one letter keeps going and going and I can't stop it unless I unplug the Not necessarily T, can be any letter. Recently the badump sound that...
35
35

App: Battery Package Calculator
Hello I would like to suggest you to try free Android application: Battery Package Calculator. Quickly & easy calculates the basic parameters - voltage - capacity - energy - maximum continuous...