Subject Author Posted Replies

Need help picking Ferrite material
Re: the dc saturation controlled variable inductor Low power inductor, receive antenna signals. I've decided to try an EFD shape core, reasoning for the choice; I can turn one side 180*, the center...
2
2

LTCC HV transformers
Some guys that I know have acquired Nascent Technology. They make interesting LTCC HV transformers:
3
3

Unfortunately, I dropped it!
I found a core in my junk box that worked for the "Designing an interesting inductor" Here's the physical shape. As you can see I dropped it and chipped the most important part off and now it has an...
2
2

OT: IEEE spectrum on grid parity in China
They don't say anything about energy storage and it's associated costs. is the published paper (which you can get at for free via the Spectrum link.
24
24

Amazing changes at TI
If you now click on a "datasheet" link, it no longer redirects somewhere... it just loads! More astounding, the PDF data sheet file now has the same name as the part! Not something like slou441.pdf. I...
12
12

custom transformers from China
There are custom transformer companies in China, with their pages on AliExpress, seeking orders for making custom transformers. Pick from their standard frame types and sizes, fill out a form, maybe...
18
18

Re: Antenna tester
what is written on the label? Automotive electric power is sketchy, the smaller the vehicle the worse it gets, you don't want accidentally bust your test equipment. Page1 and page2 disagree about...
1
1

Counting photons with an MPPC
Well, the MPPC demo system is done. It has four of our small proprietary boards (controller/SMPS, TEC driver, voltage-controlled amplifier, and APD bias) plus a handwired pHEMT-boostrapped front end...
62
62

Walmart suing Tesla for Solar panel fires
Dave Jones:
88
88

48V to 2000V DC-DC smallest design
Its been a while but once again looking at a HV pulser type application. It will charge up about 10nF to 2kV with about 1mA. Then keep it toped off as that cap discharges into another capacitive much...
27
27

Sources of digitized/scanned old data books?
I have in my basement/lab a fairly large collection of analog and digital d ata books from circa 1979-2000. It is quite a collection from mfg that inc lude TI, AMD, AMI, National, Signetics,...
17
17

The Truth About Faster Internet: It's Not Worth It
Americans are spending ever more for blazing internet speeds, on the promise that faster is better. Is that really the case? For most people, the answer is no. From a report: The Wall Street Journal...
41
41

low-cost opamps in sot-23
I have received a respectable 2SK3018 MOSFET, made by Jiangsu Changjiang, from LCSC, only $0.0133 each. Now I'm looking for a low-cost opamp to go with it. Found the TP09, a 6MHz dual, from 3Peak, Vos...
8
8

How to design an Interesting inductor
I'd like to have a Variable 100uh inductor, that is controlled to full saturation with dc through the 100uh coil. I see some two winding coils, but the dc control winding has huge inductance. Working...
52
52

best supplier for fast shipping prices/service
I need some faster op-amps than I have in stock like right this darn minute. Is there a vendor that's preferable on pricing/other concerns for next day or two day shipping domestic US?
5
5