Why do in-dash GPS not show speed?

Can anyone enlighten me as to why in-dash GPS units do not show speed but all on-dash units do? I recently did a trip to Qld and back and took along the old TomTom so I could get a real speed reading (speedo is out by ~5k/h above 100k).

Re: Why do in-dash GPS not show speed?

prolly cvan't meet the specifications needed for automobile instruments.

--
umop apisdn

Re: Why do in-dash GPS not show speed?

Conflict with existing speedo, whose position in law is clearly defined
by cases?

Re: Why do in-dash GPS not show speed?

Because the vehicles speedo errs on the side of reading fast so there
will always be a discrepancy.

Site Timeline