Who Killed the Electric Car? - Page 7

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

http://saveyourcash.co.uk/fuel/cardatadetail.aspx?mfr=BMW&model=3-Series-E90/E91/E92/E93&id63%2

Lucky then that almost no-one these days uses them isn't it ?

Graham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 00:04:37 +0100, Eeyore

the
http://saveyourcash.co.uk/fuel/cardatadetail.aspx?mfr=BMW&model=3-Series-E90/E91/E92/E93&id63%2

---
You never miss an opportunity to be a nasty little bitch, do you?

JF

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

the
http://saveyourcash.co.uk/fuel/cardatadetail.aspx?mfr=BMW&model=3-Series-E90/E91/E92/E93&id63%2

Are you suggesting that fl oz make any kind of sense ? Especially when there
THREE different definitions.

Graham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 13:56:10 +0100, Eeyore

diesel)
all the
http://saveyourcash.co.uk/fuel/cardatadetail.aspx?mfr=BMW&model=3-Series-E90/E91/E92/E93&id63%2

---
Most of the world seems to think so:

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

most
diesel)
all the
of
http://saveyourcash.co.uk/fuel/cardatadetail.aspx?mfr=BMW&model=3-Series-E90/E91/E92/E93&id63%2

They only put fl oz on those for the export market. You won't see it in the
non-US market. You see ml ONLY in
most of the world.

Because it doesn't have a standardised value.

A fl oz could be

28.41 ml
29.57 ml or
30 ml

Bloody stupid if you ask me.

Graham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 17:04:37 +0100, Eeyore

most
diesel)
all the
of
http://saveyourcash.co.uk/fuel/cardatadetail.aspx?mfr=BMW&model=3-Series-E90/E91/E92/E93&id63%2
non-US market. You see ml ONLY in

---
Then those are US fluid ounces, which is what we're used to, so
there's certainly no confusion there.
---

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

You'd be confused by a BRITISH bottle of L&P then !

As for your love of fl oz, well if you like living in some backwater, who am I
to care. I believe Myanmar (a.k.sa.
Burma) still uses 'tradional measures' too but most likely the British versions.
Other than that you're on your
own.

Graham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 18:12:14 +0100, Eeyore

---
Hardly, since I can deal with milliliters as well as fluid ounces,
while it seems _you_ have an aversion to the latter.
---

to care.

---
Precisely, and why should you care if, as some Russian doctors we
hosted in our home for a few weeks a while back said: "You live in
Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

   Yes, you are.  Thank you for finally admitting it.

prove it.
Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

TWIT

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

Haha! This Wikipedia article is one of the best arguments in
favour of the metric system I've come across. What a mess!

Jeroen Belleman

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

At least the British fl oz actually weighs an ounce ! But no-one here
uses them any more. Not for ages in fact.

We have kept the pint though for certain uses (different to a US pint of
course) for traditional reasons. Asking for 568ml of beer doesn't quite
have the same ring to it.        ;~)

Gaham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:28:03 +0100, Eeyore

---
Really?  One size of Lea & Perrins  Worcestershire sauce is clearly
labeled as containing 15 fluid ounces.
---

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

Not UK fl oz of course.

I did just check my own bottle of L&P and to my surprise it's labelled "
150ml (5.3 fl oz) " but those are UK fl oz. There is no actual prohibition of
dual marking but almost no-one does it and it wouldn't be US fl oz since they
aren't legal here. Your bottle would be 15.6 fl oz here. Proof it any were
needed that what you have there is an example of export labelling for the US
market. It bears no resemblance in any other way either to the UK bottle
which is distinguishable by its orange label e.g.
http://www.leaperrins.ca/homeEN.asp

I also checked a few other items and no others had fl oz on them. They're all
in ml.

Graham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 17:21:44 +0100, Eeyore

---
So it's gone from: "But no-one here uses them any more. Not for ages
in fact."  to: "but almost no-one does it" ?
---

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

Not the genuine thing then obviously ! Certainly never ever went anywhere near
Worcestershire.           ;~)

Graham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 18:14:14 +0100, Eeyore

---
No, but I've certainly lived in enough places out of the US to
remember having seen the orange label.

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

I didn't.

It was YOU who got your knickers in a twist when I commented that US liquid
measure is all at sea.

Graham

Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?
On Fri, 23 May 2008 18:15:20 +0100, Eeyore

---
Sure you did.

You stated, in your always America-bashing way, that there was no way
Re: Who Killed the Electric Car?

I said there are 3 standards.

No, it's marked in ml and BRITISH fl oz over here. Yours is marked in US fl oz
and ml.

So what ?

I'm not interested in playing your silly game any more.

Graham

Site Timeline