Repair Work

In case anyone is interested this was posted on a Ford Forum I visited today:

see

'I'm after a boffin to repair some LCD displays that we use in our large forklifts and cranes, I need some one who can map out & repair PCB's etc

I'm not looking to employ someone rather can some one give me contact details for a person or organisation that conducts this type of work.

Sydney preferred but I don't mind sending the displays any where in Australia or NZ

PM me or call me on 0414794112 "

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

"aussiblu"

** Hey !!!!!!

This supercool dude would also like his worn out CD-rom drives repaired too !!

Not to mention dozens of old hard drives, sticky keyboards and fluff-filled wheel mice.

No problemo !!!!!!

Anyone out there, currently engaged in the super lucrative game of * dry cleaning people's used toilet paper * can easily oblige ........

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

As it turns out Phil it wasn't the digital clock on his toaster he wanted repaired but some very expensive industrial equipment.

Thanks to those that responded by email.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

No Phil I subsequently got an email from the person posting this request and thanking me for my help and advising: "I know it sounds silly but these displays control a 1m piece of equipment and its not like a clock or a dash display if this fails the machine is grounded ...." and "...I currently have an exchange program with the OEM in Europe but its very time consuming and I would prefer to have it done here."

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

...............and I thought the word "crane" was also mentioned as well as the word "forklift". Priced a crane lately?

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

Perhaps something like this

$about 1.2 Million euros second hand.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

lol, to explain my mirth.

You post, in your words a request for someone to repair some broken electronic gear, and PA thinks you want someone to repair the actual LCD panel copper(*) and tells you to replace "them", and you think he means replace the crane.

Anyway, seems like you've achieved what you wanted.

(*), yep,there are people around who expect that you can pull out your magic wand.

Reply to
terryc

We're all getting somewhat pedantic but no; my perception was that the "points" Phil seemed to be trying to make was that it was an LCD panel in a relatively cheap forklift.

But it's all the internet and email and I guess such messages are always subject to interpretation so perhaps I have also misinterpreted the intent of some of Phil's seemingly belittling comments. If so I am sorry but the subtlety was lost on me.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

Ok maybe I should have said; "' relatively cheap, simple and non-critical forklift." I wasn't thinking Phil was suggesting that the forklift be replaced rather that he was suggesting it was just a cheap and simple piece of equipment and that it being out of action for a short time wasn't a significant issue.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

"aussiblu"

** DO NOT POST IN MID AIR !!!!

YOU FUCKWIT WANKER !!

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I guess these sort of responses are why people don't often post such requests here.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

You not suggesting that your manner makes you a suitable newsgroup moderator are you Phil?

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

Most newsgroup etiquette code also generally suggest:

  1. do not use profanities,
  2. do not insult or flame other members;
  3. do shout with block capitals;

Yes, I know I am also not following etiquette by responding to a troll's flames. But I was actually just illustrating to an amused third party how far you would go to have the last insulting word; so thanks for playing Phil and over to you for the last time on this thread.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove ZX from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussiblu

A perfectly fine request. Good to hear you got some leads.

Reply to
Den