WA query: What's happened to Radix?

Their websites still there but they don't revert on queries. They don't
answer their phone and they've disappeared from the white pages. Are they
still around?

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

Hmmm, musta been transformed.
Sorry couldnt help it :-) I hope they are still in business but its a jungle
out there for such firms.
--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:19:12 +0800, "Bruce Varley"

don't
they

I drove past their old location in Osborne Park a few weeks back and
noted they were no longer around. I am fairly certain that they no
longer exist. From memory, the last time I had them build me a
transformer about 5 or so years back, they gave me the impression that
business was a bit slack. I was prepared to pay for the high quality
workmanship, vacuum impregnation, hi-pot testing and a product which
would last a lifetime - as was the case for Radix transformers, but
apparently others weren't. These days as long as it is cheap and gets
past the safety spec, it will do. ie. Chinese transformers like you
buy from Altronics, Jaycar etc.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

I was going to suggest Henry Ceglinski at Laurina, but it seems they have
vanished also.

That leaves Grants, but I'm not sure if they still do transformers.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

Did you mean Anton - member of the family,

Hes retired and last saw somewhere in Mt Hawthorn,

Regards
Mike
Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

He introduced himself to me as "Henry" the first time we did biz, so I presumed
that was his name although he might have loosely westernised it for convenience
(?).

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

I last dealt with Grants 3+ years ago. Nice Xmas gift - Grants scotch.
r.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

bzzzzzzzzt.  Wrong answer, not even close (or funny) - no prize.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

No pun intended - am I missing something? The company I was with bought
quite a few very weighty isolation transformers from them around 2003 maybe
even 2002.  A bottle of Grants (obviously selected for its brand!) was
dropped off at xmas. It was one of those rare occaisions when the Chrissy
gifts get past the purchasing guy to engineering.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

Ding!  correct answer, after reference to the adjudicator.  (but still no prize)

Sorry, thought your first and second "Grants" were both the scottish variety.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

Ahh yes - rereading the post it could easily be taken that way.

FWIW Grant Transformers are still listed as being in operation in Malaga, I
found them good people to deal with. While we are on the subject of Perth
Co's - any one know how Mike L from Worldwide is traveling (just in general
terms)? I know he was scaling  back to a home based mail order set up.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

Haven't spoken to him since March, but seemed OK.  Intially I thought the
abandonment of the shopfront might have a health motivation but he assured me it
was entirely biz-driven.

Re: WA query: What's happened to Radix?

That's very good to hear.     /close

Site Timeline