Teflon tubing

I'm looking for a supplier of teflon tubing in Australia. In
particular I'm after a small quantity of 1/4" OD, 3/16" ID tubing.
I'll be cutting it to length to make bushes for the locating dowels
for the basket in a breadmaker.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Teflon tubing

Not sure if you have access to a lathe, but RS sell teflon rod. You
might have to buy a metre of it, so could be expensive.

Stephen

Re: Teflon tubing

Hydraulic companies may be a source to try, I use to have some
with a stainless braid on the outside for high pressures.

Re: Teflon tubing

@quokka.wn.com.au:

WARNING!. Unless you know what you are doing, it is hazardous to machine
teflon, flourine gas may be liberated if the temperature of the teflon near
the tool reaches a high enough temperature.

Re: Teflon tubing

"Franc Zabkar"

**  Maybe you can use brass tubing ?

Hobby shops all sell it in imperial sizes,  in 1/32 inch steps.

Some hobby shops may sell Teflon tubing  -  model boat builders s use it to
run flexible prop drives in.

Re: Teflon tubing

Aus Plastics (australia) PTY LTD in Springvale, Melbourne are a small
operation which sell PTFE spaghetti tubing. Also EXTECH, a catalog sales
company for lab equipment. DOTMAR for large stock sizes and billets.

Site Timeline