Summer heat and inkjet printers

Is it normal for inkjet printers to not work properly on hot days?

This year for instance when we have had days in the high 30s I have noticed that on one or two occasions my printer would print colour pictures then miss some colours but if you did one or two more copies of the same picture it would eventually sort itself out and work properly.

Is this kind of thing normal in hot weather?

Reply to
Kate Fights, I Cry

Your ink head is clogged with ink that turn into wax. I suspect you always turn off your printer when not in use ?

Back home, my inkjet worked in 30+ C and humidity near 80% without any problem.

=bob=

Reply to
[BnH]

But would it have worked in 30+ heat and humidity in the low 20's ? Back a few years ago I was working in Dalby and we had all sorts of problems with inkjet printers getting their nozzles blocked. On one particularly hot day (40+) we had cartridges on the shelf bursting. The Canon's of the day (BJC600) in particular had big problems with the ink in their cartridges starting to boil at those sorts of temperatures, and it would bubble up out of the cartridges inside the printer.

Reply to
Justin Thyme

Ink drying up in printers isn't a problem exclusive to a few makes / models. We had a very expensive HP that was networked. If no one sent a job to it for a couple of days, one or more of the colours would get clogged and require some manual intervention to get it going again.

One solution was to remove the clogged cartridge and clear the dried ink from the outlet with a wet cotton bud. Worked for us everytime.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Nope.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Mine does, and in below the 10s too with humidity.

Dont get that myself.

Never had that either.

Never seen that either at those temps which are routine every summer here.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Alan Rutlidge Justin Thyme wrote

Bullshit.

I dont print at anything like that rate, lucky if its once a month and I dont have to manually intervene at all with a Canon BJC 4310SP

Dont need to bother myself.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You may want to ask on

comp.periphs.printers

also

Reply to
Rob

A predictable response. Now where's your counter evidence? You may have had no problems with your Canon BJ, but that is just one of hundreds of currently and recently available models.

The HP model I used is just one example (I can give you plenty of others). It was used to print mostly colour transparencies and had a heater element in it to aid in ink drying. It was more prone to clogging up in this mode than if the simple plain paper printing mode was used. Never the less, a long weekend break usually meant the first printed sheets sent to the printer had less than impressive print quality, often requiring someone to remove the ink cartridges and de-clog the feeds.

I have an Epson Photo EX (A3 printer) that, (if not used for a while) often has to go through a protracted head cleaning routine before getting a really good print out of it.

Lucky you.

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Rod Speed wrote

Your shit in spades.

Below, f****it.

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist fuckwits ?

How odd that we dont get much of the problem being discussed here, with a very wide variety of printers, with 10 days over 40C and humiditys down below 10% being not that uncommon.

The problem is indeed mostly seen with just SOME makes and models.

Says sweet f*ck all about how common that is with other printers, f****it.

No wonder even telstra gave you the bums rush.

No luck involved, it was just designed properly, f****it.

No wonder even telstra gave you the bums rush.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Speed has one printer that works, so the rest of you are all fuckwits with no idea.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Alan Rutlidge Typically Rod on Speed quotes his one and probably only experience with one

Lying. Again.

No wonder even telstra gave you the bums rush, right out the door.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rod on Speed,

Why do you even bother lurking here?

You are as boring as bat shit and seem to have that hotkey stuck AGAIN !!!

Why even bother replying to a thread if you have nothing useful to contribute?

Your inane one word replies e.g. "Nope", "wrong", "liar" etc provide no useful information to the OP and only serve to reinforce what most have come to realise - you are just an arrogant, self opinionated and rude individual with obviously nothing better to do all day (and night) but post crap to this and numerous other newsgroups. You need a real job to occupy your time.

For God's sake at least come up with something new to write. Besides you can't even get the capitalisation on proper names right. Fail primary school English did you Rodney?

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Ohno, dont you know what you've done ?

You've put 40 cents into the Cirque De Usenet entity, known as the RodBot.

Google "RodBot" + usenet.

8]

(He's proud of that btw... scary huh)

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=F2g_Mo_Th=F2i

Well, you kinda get the impression that Rod's responses are both predictable and quite possibly automated. Any small snippet of useful information must be sorted from the mounds of bovine excretory garbage that seems to flow endlessly from his keyboard. Sigh......

I'd wish he would just have an original thought once in a while to break the monotony from his usual drivel.

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Some terminal f****it pathological liar claiming to be Alan Rutlidge desperately attempted to bullshit its way out of its lies in message news:429e7138$0$17565$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... and fooled absolutely no one at all. As always.

No wonder even telstra gave it the bums rush, right out the door.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Some terminal f****it pathological liar claiming to be Alan Rutlidge desperately attempted to bullshit its way out of its lies in message news:429e7138$0$17565$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... and fooled absolutely no one at all. As always.

No wonder even telstra gave it the bums rush, right out the door.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Give the guy a chance, i get a chuckle out of it.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Pòg Mo Thòin was correct. Rod on Speed is indeed a Bot - a RodBot - what a laugh. I wonder if most of his 10G download limit goes on "reading" usenet messages.

Seriously folks are the tax payers of Australia subsidising Rod to stay at home to troll the net?

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Wrong.

Wrong again.

Anyone who understands anything about printers will know that certain combinations of conditions between ink, humidity, temperature and paper types will affect print quality.

Reply to
Clockmeister