Strange fault on TV at Dee Why NSW

Hi all!

A problem to exercise the knowledgeable amongst you. I have an LCD TV (analogue) in the Dee Why NSW (Aust) area. When any advert which uses printed captions is just about to finish, the printed stuff jitters and there is a loud 50 Hz (?) buzz. This does not happen with any other adverts. Is it some artefact in the TV transmission chain, I wonder?

BTW, apologies for the anti-spam identity.. I once made the mistake of using my real email address in a ng, and immediately got loads of spam including some which masqueraded as Microsoft "security" patches, and many purporting to be from eBay or Paypal (still getting them almost daily - and even in french!) and telling me my account was frozen and entering my password would restore it! Anyone else have this problem? Microsoft reponded to a fax about this (was bogus email). eBay have yet to respond.

I giuess that's two questions. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
nospam

I use only a slightly mangled hotmail addy. But this address is not my main email. I only use it as my groups (newsgroups, yahoo and the like) my working email does not see the light of day.

Mike

Reply to
mikegw