Serial EEPROMs

Hi,  This seems to be the sort of query that's still best handled by
liveware. Hope someone agrees.

I need to obtain a very small number of serial EEPROMs (8-pin is common
format I believe), and connect them to PIC lowenders. No problems with doing
it, I'm well set up for the hardware and software aspects, but I know
virtually nothing about who sells what. The hobby cataalogues I have don't
refer to them. Can someone point me to a local (Perth or interstate with
good mail procurement setup - who hasn't these days?) outfit that can source
small quantities in DIP package? Also, could someone suggest a manufacturer
/ range that's generally in stock?  TIA

Re: Serial EEPROMs

  Aren't Atmel making these in a big way?, maybe Dontronics
sell them.

Re: Serial EEPROMs

WorldWide Electronics in Vic Park carry a few types.  Mike will surely have the
data books on the shelf too for browsing/copying.

Re: Serial EEPROMs

http://www.dontronics.com/cat_hard_micro_pic.html

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Serial EEPROMs

Why don't you go to Microchip (or any other manufacturer) and ask/order free
samples. They usually send them super fast.

Re: Serial EEPROMs

Jaycar have 24LC16 ($2.75 ZZ-8480) and 24LC256 ($4.95 ZZ-8485) 8pin DIP
Serial EEPROMs.

Dave :)

Re: Serial EEPROMs

microchip has free shipping until the end of the month on all products
ordered from their webshop
buy.microchip.com

Alex

Site Timeline