Reed Relays

Can someone give me some idea as to switching times of your average (Jaycar)
reed relays?

Jerd

Re: Reed Relays

"JERD"

** Post a link to the one YOU are interested in - fool.

Re: Reed Relays

Did not he say average?

Re: Reed Relays

"F Murtz"

** That is just plain lazy of the prick, as bloody usual.

There is no " average " model  -  you moron.

..... Phil

Re: Reed Relays

Phil,

If you have nothing productive to the posting can I suggest you keep your
nose out?

Anyway, don't bother because I have put up with enough of your dribble and
kill-filed you.

Jerd

Re: Reed Relays

Hey Jerd you LYING SNIPPING ASS LAZY PRICK MORON ARSHOLE FOOL - I think I
got all of them   :)

Have a look at the link below it has some very general info.

https://www.relayspec.com/catalogs/026940/105A_976.pdf

You could try Jaycar for the specs if you can't find them via the
manufacturers part number - some of the Chinese manufacturers are good, some
are not.

Getting data sheets out of Jaycar may be difficult if they are anything like
(some of the guys who answer the phone) at Altronics.

Re: Reed Relays

Thanks Polyp,

How nice it is to get a sane reply!

Article is exactly what I was after.

Jerd

Re: Reed Relays

If it's being activated by a magnet then magnet strength will have an
effect on switching times. If you are using a solenoid you could rig
one up as a relaxation oscillator and see how fast it runs on a CRO.

Reed relay switches power to the gate of a P channel mosfet which cuts
power to the solenoid which opens the reed relay which cuts power to
the mosfet. I've heard of N.C. reeds running at three KHz switching
their own solenoid on and off.

Re: Reed Relays

   What happened to all of the inflatable sheep?  Did he over inflate
them, or just wear them out?

Re: Reed Relays

Apparently his new abode doesn't have a garage so he has nowhere to pen all
the sheep.  It's also rumoured he misplaced his velcro gloves.  Most likely
under a pile of unreapairable toasters.

As for the fate of the sheep?  Toasted rubber lamb sandwiches?

Re: Reed Relays

   Its no wonder those toasters are unrepairable.  How would you ever
get that stink out of them?