Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

There was a guy once who thought he could bypass the usual AUP and TOS
of his ISP by running his very own nntp news sever for intentional abuse
purposes.

Let's say I let a 'few' people in the ISP concerned (board level people,
senior tech management and their publicity company) know about this
after a reasonable period of reconciliation that failed.

I got the reply within 12 hours ....   "this account has been
terminated". That was it, period.

I truly am an EXPERT in these matters. I even phone the techs at the
ISPs concerned to get their view. That is often VERY interesting, not
least because they realise they are dealing with an expert abuse
tracker. With modern telecoms that's no more than the cost of a local
call too.

And don't think an anonymiser will help either. Been there, done that
too. They don't want to attract FBI etc attention.

Graham

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

It is nothing personal, but my 2c is that your past successes depend on
ISP who cares. To give you an idea of the size of the problem in
Australia, if you know his telephone number, you can go to
http://www.broadbandchoice.com.au , enter his telephone numberand you will
find a list of all(?) the ISPs that can service that number. Broadband
services in Australia are just network connections.

Then there is still the issue of "whack-amole"(aussie equivalent?) on
dialup services.

As to NNTP, if you find that you are dealing with telstra, GOOD LUCK.
It is very reluctant to do anything until large proprtions of its
customer base scream about it(usually because they suddenly find their
mail spam blocked)

I'm sure thay are all already know. Just collect spam and grep all the
open proxies.

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

I think I've seen it with crockodiles.

Never-the-less, it is satisfying to land a good wallop on one of the
beasts, even if the only say down for a short period...

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

In another group, years back we used to have a 'Loon Mallet'.

Graham

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

And/or the news provider. I've dealt with the Free University of Berlin
before. The Chancellor doesn't like getting abuse reports his techs ignored.

Just like here then.

Well, like I said, I have some experience in these matters. I learnt from the
best - fighting the toughest.

Graham

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

--
Iain
Aural perception is a skill that requires study and careful development over

Let's hope that's how it turns out. I bear him no ill will whatever.

aapl-s trimmed at request of the regs there.

Graham

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

 There's nothing unusual about Phillie's  non- posting tactic's  At the
moment he will be posting on  "Aus legal"
"Aus Electronics'' or even ''Aus Pets"

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

With luck maybe he'll stay there.

Graham

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

We spoke to soon. After a couple of fairly restrained posts,
he is back to form on UKRA.

Iain

Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

At least he's not yet wishing cancer on anyone again yet.

I'll be busy for a week or so. I'll review it then.

Graham

Site Timeline