Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON - Page 2

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

That was pathetic.. (slight chuckle)

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

"The Real Andy"

**  Bet you missed the joke.

........... Phil

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:44:27 +1100, "Phil Allison"

You are hard to miss Phil.

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

"The Real Andy"

**  Prove you did not miss the joke.

......  Phil

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:46:40 +0800, "TT"

Actually, i have been on fraser island for a week with no access to
computers or mobile phones...Go figure.

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

those

I suspect dozens of newcomers to this NG have posted here only to be
belittled / abused and have as a result gone elsewhere and not returned. I
don't know what the stats are but the ng seems to have gone quiet. Ballbag
and others like him don't seem to have worked out that people of all
backgrounds and knowledge levels post here - I've been helped out and learnt
from many. This thread is a result of the frustration most of us fell when
reading aus.elec...........

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

"Rob

** Gone straight into hell   -  I sincerely hope.

 Same as all fuckwit trolls.

 Same as you -    fuckwit  !

**  So have all technical NGs across the world.

Fuckwit trolls and manic, autistic cross posting cretins have ruined them.

Usenet was a BAD idea from its inception.

It simply does not and cannot work.

The arrival of Hotmail let the fuckwit Barbarian hordes  in.

Gmail &  googlegroups is now the final blow.

........  Phil

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

So how do you work that one out Toaster Boi?

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

Usenet used to work very well before the Internet was made available to the
general public. I've been using it since the late 80s and found it to be a
very effective method of communications.

Infact i'd say that it's only in the last few years that things seem to
have deteriorated substancially, with SPAM and the activities of certain
individuals making them less than enjoyable to participate in.

Mike

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

It's one thing for a newsgroup poster to be flamed for something stoopid they've
stated, whether they are right/wrong/naive. Roddles does it consistently in
numerous pooter/comms groups.  The big difference is that Roddles doesn't go out
proactively starting new threads to abuse people in the foulest of language,
attempting either to engage in a major war or simply to smear someone.  That
behaviour is symptomatic of someone with a personality disorder in serious need
of treatment, not tolerance.

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

they've
out

Great, I agree. So what is being helped here? Is the problem getting
better or going away? No. So what should happen - more of the same? Hey,
how useful!

If you 'proactive' chaps think you can fix the problem, then show the
rest of us how - I'd be impressed,honestly. I just don't believe you'll
do it - no-one's fixed the problem in the years I've been on the ng. And
it really *IS* easy to kill-file, give the occassional pep-up for a newb
and just ignore the crud factor.

Ken

Re: PHILIP MARTIN ALLISON

they've
out
need

Yep, if we can't pass the hat around for a one-way pass to the psych ward, then
ignoring him is the best strategy.  Unfortunately, he still springs out of the
shrubbery and abuses noobs with his first post, so it isn't exactly a fix.

Zackly what I've been doing for quite a while, except that threads like this
slip under my radar.

Site Timeline