Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London - Page 12

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

Not much point in arguing, it would appear.  No matter what you say, one
or more clone will just deny it and tell you how stupid you are.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

Why should I pay microsoft for something I've no intention of ever
using?

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

Because few bother to cater for those of you that prefer a different OS.

You might as well whine about having to pay for heated seats when
you want to use a car in a place like Hawaii that never needs them.

Or child restraint anchor points in your new car when
you dont have any kids and never have kids in your car.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

fact that it was extremely difficult to

And you dont have to anyway, you can buy one of the chinese laptops that doesnt
pay a cent to microsoft for anything if you dont want microsoft to get a cent of
yours.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

But I can certainly order a car that doesn't have them, I may just have
to wait longer (it will often be cheaper as well unless the dealer
really wants the one with heated seats off the lot and is willing to eat
the cost of them to do it).

I actually have heard several childless people complain about safety
features aimed at children driving up the cost. -- Joe
--
Joe Thompson -
E-mail addresses in headers are valid. | http://www.orion-com.com /

You can order anything you like, and some manufacturers refuse to
supply the car without that and certainly dont give you a price reduction.

It wont ever happen with some manufacturers.

And thats just as true of a laptop that comes with Win.

Corse some fools whine like that. But you cant order the car without that, you
get to like that or lump it, just like you do with laptops that come with Win.

And you can certainly get a chinese laptop that doesnt pay MS a cent for
anything anyway.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

Because it's there.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

Nope.

Irrelevant to whether it costs you any MORE to use Linux instead.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.

Plenty dont.

Nope, I havent paid a cent for it for any PC I have.

Not from me it aint.

Been having these pathetic little fantasys long ?

<reams of your even sillier stuff flushed where it belongs>

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 04:40:19 +1100, "Rod Speed"

<snip>

But more importantly, why ARE you such a douchebag?

"hey let's educate the brutes, we know we are superior to them anyway,
just through genetics, we are gentically superior to the working
class. They are a shaved monkey. If we educate them, they will be able
to read instructions, turn up on time and man the conveyor belts,
sorted."     #

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

<snip>

<snip>

It's not enough for an alternative to exist.  Talk to your average
Windoze vict^H^H^H^Husers.  They have been totally subjugated.
It's like people living in a dictatorship - the average joe can
do nothing about it, so he just shrugs his shoulders and gets on
with life as best he can.  There is no alternative.

"In politics, perception is reality."

You really ought to read "Nineteen Eighty-Four" again.

--
/~\   snipped-for-privacy@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
\ /  I'm really at ac.dekanfrus if you read it the right way.

Charlie Asking Roddles to read, that is going too far. Your average
preschooler only looks at pictures.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
SG1 wrote just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

Some Heroic fellow proudly called Sir Galahad 1st wrote about Roddle's
puerile shite. And proved it to be the usual drivel. Keep it up Roddles and
you just may graduate preschool.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
SG1 wrote just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

You did it, SG1.  You got him looping again.

--
/~\   snipped-for-privacy@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
\ /  I'm really at ac.dekanfrus if you read it the right way.
Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

No hard when he is loopie???

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

But that's what GUIs are all about, aren't they?

--
/~\   snipped-for-privacy@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
\ /  I'm really at ac.dekanfrus if you read it the right way.
Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind jmfbahciv
wrote just the puerile silly shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind jmfbahciv
wrote just the puerile silly shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Re: Rare Apple I computer sells for $216,000 in London

there have been several past threads about 1403 being much better than
avg. in print quality. normally 1403 was loaded with (cheaper) fabric
ribbon ... but for "finished" copy there was a "film" ribbon that
resulted in higher quality output.
http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/1403.html
http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/supplies/supplies_5404PH09.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_1403

selectric typewriters (and computer version 2741 terminal) had similar
choice of ribbons, fabric ribbons for normal operation and "film"
ribbons for higher quality output. this mentions, fabric, film, two-color,
and correcting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typewriter

the above mentions that film ribbons were only used once and could have
security implications ... being able to reproduce what was typed from
old ribbons. the above also mentions 2741 selectric terminal. I had
one at home from spring of 1970 until summer of 1977 ... when it was
replaced with cdi "miniterm" ... some old photos here
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/lhwemail.html#oldpicts

lots of corporate documents started off with standard book production
... some old
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/360 /

... however, as some of the documents were moved to CMS script ...
there were more and more had characteristic of originating on 1403.  One
of the earliest such was principle of operations:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/370/princOps /

A major reason for moving principle of operations to cms script was the
material was actually a subset of the "architecture manual" (or
"readbook" for being distributed in red 3-ring binder). As cms script
file ... it was possible to have the "conditional" indicators bracketing
the sections that were only in the "principle of operations" ... and
then depending on how cms script was invoked, produce the full
architecture manual or the POP subset.

In the mid-70s, installations started getting the 3800 laser printer
... which could produce higher quality output
http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/vintage/vintage_4506VV3103.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_printer