Qantas and WA again - Page 2

Re: Qantas and WA again
of
would

Vertical array antennas have fairly predictable transmission directions,
and it's not particularly hard to detect the transmissions. Also the
power generators limit the transmittable power. Although kooks will try
and make it seem mysterious the base isn't particularly secretive. I
know someone who has climbed to the top of one of the transmission
towers and even had lunch up there and filmed the surrounding area.

VK6ABC

Re: Qantas and WA again

imaginative
who
of
I would

Yep, that is high on the list of airline activities.

Lol, so you are saying that anyone can do that?
Or is that post indicative of your honesty?

Re: Qantas and WA again

Ad an experienced person would be having a quiet chuckle at your
post. Could you tell me the location of the big hangar where they test all
aircraft for exposure to various EMF? We should be able to see it on
google earth.

Re: Qantas and WA again

     The Americans did have such a facility years ago, it was a very
large timber lined hole in the ground out in the desert with massive
coils slung on cables above the aircraft. Mostly used for EMP simulation
on bomber aircraft.

Re: Qantas and WA again

Why would you need a hanger to test for exposure to EMF?

Re: Qantas and WA again

Can you point us to another facility that does it?

Re: Qantas and WA again

What's wrong with an open field?

Re: Qantas and WA again

So you do not know of a facility?

Re: Qantas and WA again

What does it matter?
You put a transmitter at one end of a field and the plane at the other
end of the field. Slowly turn the plane around so you test all
directions to the plane and that's it. What more of a facility do you need?

Re: Qantas and WA again

Over the top and underneath.

The question is "is it being done?".

Re: Qantas and WA again

   Do you know ANYTHING about antennas and wavelength?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Qantas and WA again

irregular)

Thanks. I did find it eventually by using google.com.au.

I'm intruiged though. It's low frequency. 30kHz IIRC. I wouldn't normally expect
that to upset computer systems. The wavelength's too long. And I'd expect the
airframe to be a good EMC shield at that frequency. But you never know. Hmmm ...
how
much of the A330 body is composites instead of aluminium alloy ?

Graham

Re: Qantas and WA again

Add to that the fact that the radiation resistance of the antennas at those
stations is very low indeed, despite their large size. The HEH Tx is about
1MW but the actual far field radiation is only a few percent of that, ie. a
few 10s of KW. That makes it no more powerful, effectively, than a normal
broadcast station.

Re: Qantas and WA again

Where's Tom Moffat when you need him.  He was pretty good at coming up
with theories on these things
(IE: HAARP transmissions article in the late EA.)

Re: Qantas and WA again

Sadly, he's gone:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/bfced666b5c27b67/8c23978e8dacf212?lnk=gst&q=tom+moffat#8c23978e8dacf212

Dave.

Re: Qantas and WA again

"David L. Jerkoff"

** Must be another " Bermuda Triangle"  type of thing.

Maybe we ought to call it the " Carnarvon Pentangle "  or some such.

The HMAS Sydney went done there, with all hands, back in 1941,

you know .....

.....   Phil

Re: Qantas and WA again
  Perhaps you might try personal exploration in person philthy , we hope
you don't return you kiddie fiddler

Re: Qantas and WA again

Giant octopus, aliens, or those pesky Krauts you think?

BTW, the memorial is nice:
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/P7180331.JPG
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/P7180335.JPG
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/P7180330.JPG
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/P7180336.JPG

Dave.

Re: Qantas and WA again

Having lived in Carnarvon, I can believe anything of the place. After
all that is where Wilson Tuckey got his start in politics.

Keith

Site Timeline