NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest? - Page 6

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Well Roddles, I stood and watched the Foxtel/Bigpond blokes "threading"
the cable from the Telstra pit next door (It had the 4 "taps" for four of
the houses in my street).to my Telstra pit.
It jammed 3/4 of the way to the pit that fed the phone wires into my
house.
They gave up that day and laid the cable from the "Tap pit" across my
front lawn and onto the connection box that fed the internal access cables
through my house.
They returned the next day, and dug s couple of large holes into the
footpath and located where the cable that they had jammed.
They then smashed through the conduit and hooked another cable to the
jammed end and pulled a new cable into my access pit
Repair consisted of placing broken bits of conduit on top of the conduit
holes, sealing with tape and filling the holes back in.

(Comment from one of the workers at the time "Hope we didn't stuff some of
the phone lines")

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

the redundancy. Mind you: I'd like to see
dumb.

the telephone wires,

(mechanically).

'phone lines.

four of the houses in my street).to my

Says nothing useful what so ever about how common that is, fuckwit.

lawn and onto the connection box that fed

end and pulled a new cable into my access

Says nothing useful what so ever about how common that is, fuckwit.

phone lines")

Says nothing useful what so ever about how common that is, fuckwit.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Blocked & broken lead-in conduit is very common.

--20%
Magilla20%

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

footpath and located where the cable that they

the phone lines")

But not for the reason he was pig ignorantly lying about that would require
the copper to be permanently ripped out so the NBN is possible.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

The plastic pipe used these days for residential
purposes is 20mm diameter ( approx ). Previous
pipes used were even smaller.

The diameter of a FTTH lead-in cable ( more
accurately, the head/plug of the cable ) is about
20mm, I gather.

Not much room there for overbuilding another
network, it seems, unless you dig in more
conduit to every house.

Even the distribution network ( street pit 'n' pipe )
would have to be majorly upgraded to allow
another network to co-exist, IMO, particularly if
there's co-axial cable present as well.

We've seen two styles of rollout so far. One is
a separate network and the other, in a couple
of places, an entire replacement i.e copper to
FTTH.

There's yet to be a network overbuild
attempted....

--20%
Magilla20%

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

cable ) is about 20mm, I gather.

Dont believe it.

in more conduit to every house.

Doesnt have to be done by digging.

present as well.

The ACCC wont allow them to rip out the copper network, you watch.

other, in a couple of places, an entire

The ACCC wont allow them to rip out the copper network, you watch.

Thats a lie, its happened in tasmania.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Hard to believe, I know.
http://www.telstra.com.au/smartcommunity/assets/leadintrenching_0609.pdf
The last page has a conduit capacity guide. You
can only have a FTTH cable in a 20mm (P20) pipe.

Aerial? Wouldn't be acceptable in a lot of places,
particularly with everything else located
underground.

I'm just wondering how it's going to be done.
With an underground shared system you could
possibly drag out the copper lead-in cable and
haul the FTTH cable in when that was required,
perhaps. And then haul that out when the next
tennant wanted to be on the copper network.

It's happening right now in a few places.

Not using existing Telstra pit and pipe, though.

--20%
Magilla20%

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

cable ) is about 20mm, I gather.

You dont know what the NBN is going to do on that.

dig in more conduit to every house.

Nope, the natural gas was done here with very little digging at all, punching it
thru instead.

You dont know that they will get any say.

With the payTV rollouts they didnt get any say.

They're free to set fire to themselves or sumfin.

Most likely if the existing conduits arent suitable
they will do it on the poles or run another conduit.

Likely we will never know because the plug will be pulled on the Labor govt
before much actually gets done at all and the plug is pulled on the NBN.

lead-in cable and haul the FTTH cable in when

No perhaps about it.

network.

The ACCC wont allow them to rip out the copper network, you watch.

other, in a couple of places, an entire

In a microscopic number in fact.

Because there is fuck all of that there.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

I have never said anything about requiring copper to be ripped out.
Probably was Petzl ?

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying, again.

Lie again.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Do they use a 24 hr clock in the alternate universe where you live Rod ?

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

I do personally use one myself.

And its the same universe you 'live' in, unfortunately.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Sure is unfortunate for Sunny.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?
SG1 wrote just the puerile shit thats all it can ever manage.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Large snip

The first 3rd of my street is above ground, then they got it right. So will
be interesting to see if they try to swing it from very widely spaced light
poles.
New estate round the corner is all below ground. They appear to have closer
together lights than we do.
As we are near Toowoomba and they are in the area, am I allowed to use my
large step ladder and be a vandal???????

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

Nope, thats illegal, fuckwit.

Re: NBN verses 4G. Is there a contest?

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1341780/energex_begins_to_upgrade_southern_brisbane_electricity_network/index.html