MPEG4?

Why doesn't my Maya DVD player that says it can play MPEG4, play mp4 files created by Nero 7.0 on my PC?

Reply to
JJJ

There are many different codecs used for MPEG4. It's not uncommon for an MPEG4/DivX DVD player to not play some files. I probably strike about several percent that my player won't touch.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

I'm not familiar with Nero 7, however, if your MPEG4 is encoded using Xvid QPEL ehancements it will not work. Also if your MPEG4 codec of choice is x.264 rather than XviD or DivX, again it will not work.

- Chris

Reply to
deFragged

Have you put the new firmware on?

Which model do you have? The one with the inbuilt 'games' ?

--
"What's that got to do with my KNOB?"

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Reply to
fish.

My Maya 506 doesn't like mp4 either. Constantly freezes and there is nothing tat I can do about it. Nothing to do with Nero

Buy cheap get cheap!!!!!

Reply to
Wolf

Buy another cheapie that works.

Nothing wrong with the cheapies. My $70 cheapie from Aldi plays almost all the MPEG4/DivX's I can throw at it. I've heard even better reports from ones that cost less than mine.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Even so, I find the Maya to be really good as a DVD player, doesn't heat up and start skipping like some other cheapies do. It's probably the best one around.

In regard to mp4's, the solution I've found is to re-encode into DivX using software such as SUPER. Forget Nero...

Reply to
JJJ