MPEG4?

Why doesn't my Maya DVD player that says it can play MPEG4, play mp4 files
created by Nero  7.0 on my PC?

Re: MPEG4?

There are many different codecs used for MPEG4. It's not uncommon for
an MPEG4/DivX DVD player to not play some files.
I probably strike about several percent that my player won't touch.

Dave :)

Re: MPEG4?

I'm not familiar with Nero 7, however, if your MPEG4 is encoded using
Xvid QPEL ehancements it will not work. Also if your MPEG4 codec of
choice is x.264 rather than XviD or DivX, again it will not work.

- Chris

Re: MPEG4?

Have you put the new firmware on?

Which model do you have?  The one with the inbuilt 'games' ?

--
"What's that got to do with my KNOB?"

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Re: MPEG4/ MAYA dvd player

My Maya 506 doesn't like mp4 either. Constantly freezes and there is nothing
tat I can do about it.
Nothing to do with Nero

Buy cheap get cheap!!!!!

Re: MPEG4/ MAYA dvd player

Buy another cheapie that works.

Nothing wrong with the cheapies.
My $70 cheapie from Aldi plays almost all the MPEG4/DivX's I can throw
at it.
I've heard even better reports from ones that cost less than mine.

Dave :)

Re: MPEG4/ MAYA dvd player

Even so, I find the Maya to be really good as a DVD player, doesn't heat up
and start skipping like some other cheapies do.  It's probably the best one
around.

In regard to mp4's, the solution I've found is to re-encode into DivX using
software such as SUPER.  Forget Nero...