Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

Is it true that all mobile phone jammers are banned in Australia.  I'm
thinking of importing them.

--
Your Online Store For The Best Gift Ideas! Modern Consumer Electronic
Products & The Best In Designer Jewelry Available At Low, Low Prices!

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

"Best Auction Site! !"

**  Yes  -   they are declared prohibited devices.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ra1992218/s190.html

See also:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/07/11/1057783341342.html

Up to 2 years jail or  $165,000  fine for supplying or operating one.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ra1992218/s189.html

** Quote from the Radiocommunications Act, 1992 :

"supply" includes supply (including re-supply) by way of sale, exchange,
lease, hire or hire-purchase.

**  Wanker.

.......  Phil

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

And then there are others who can simply ignore the legislation and get away
with it. I wonder what would happen if someone could not make an emergency call
during this time?

"Mobile phone calls in Sydney's CBD will be blocked by a sophisticated
counter-terrorism measure to prevent bomb attacks during US President George
Bush's September APEC visit.

The President's motorcade will be shadowed by a helicopter equipped with
signal-jamming equipment, newspapers report today."

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

"swanny the stinking LIAR "

**  There are is no such persons  -  you stinking  LIAR.

** " swanny "  the  * LIAR *  deliberately omitted the rest of the story:

" Terrorists have used mobile phones to detonate remote-controlled bombs in
Iraq and in the second Bali bomb attacks.
It is expected mobile phone calls will drop out in an area  THE  SIZE  OF  A
FOOTBALL  FIELD  as the helicopter passes overhead.

The technology was first used by the US President when Mr Bush attended the
APEC summit in Pusan, South Korea, in 2005. "

See:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21740314-1702,00.html

........   Phil

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

I guess then, all the terrorists (if any) have to do is make a bomb
that detonates a certain time AFTER the tower signal is lost ;), or
when jamming is detected (if thats possible)

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

Or simply use a different trigger now that it's been widely publicised
a mobile phone won't work.
Are they just going to block mobile phones, or will it be a wideband
blackout affecting a lot of other stuff too I wonder?

A blackout "the size of a football field" is a pretty narrow area when
the chopper has to fly at a decent height to avoid all the high-rise
buildings. I suspect it will be a somewhat larger area than a football
field for a lot of the time.

Why don't they just mount the transmitter on Dubya's car, he can wear
a tin foil hat to protect himself. Couldn't look any more stupid than
he already does :->

Dave.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

    100% agree with all the above. :)

Bob

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

I just finished reading "Stupid White Men", almost pissed myself
laughing!
Can't wait to start reading "Dude, where's my country?"

Almost choked on my dinner the other night too when Dubya came #1 in
the 20-to-1 shows list of losers and morons (or whatever it was). Well
deserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o4SbTOj1qU&mode=related&search
=

Dave.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

Well he may be a moron, but he is no loser. That would be the US people
smart enough not to vote for him unfortunately.

MrT.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

Sad but true.
I would be embarrassed to call myself an American.

Although we aren't too far behind with little Johnny.

Dave.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

I guess the terrorists will just have to rustle up a bomb with a lethal
blast radius greater than a football field.

Given the multitude of frequencies that could be used to trigger something
like that, I'm guessing it'll wipe out just about everything.

Sydey residents should be grateful for just having to bear the chopper -
when he came to Canberra last time for his last pointless visit - as
"reward" for "Man of Steel" John's support of the decisive victory that is
Iraq, they had F/A18's criss-crossing the city all night. God knows what
they were actually meant to do if anything happened...

Then again, I don't quite see why any terrorist would want to blow him up -
he's done more for furthering their cause and growth than they ever could
have achieved without his assistance.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

yeah, or use a wired telephone...

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

A suitable tone encoded signal over anyone of millions of channels from
availible easy to buy radios .

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

Yes, he should have said those who can simply change the law to suit
themselves, whenever they feel like it. ie. politicians.

MrT.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

"Mr.Turd Brain "

**  Wrong   -   as usual.

The original topic was  *supplying*  jamming equipment to anyone who wants
one  -  for profit.

.......  Phil

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

Yes, your grammar sure is!

MrT.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

George W Bush!!

It still doesnt alter the fact that jammers are illegal in this country. I
dont recall hearing of the same courtesy being given to John Howard when he
was in the US.
John Howard has repeadly stated that when Aussies break a law in another
country, they should face that other countries penalties, therefore, I
expect him to penalise Bush under our laws.

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

"Two Bob =  Half Wit "

**  Has no connection ** WHATEVER **  with the OP's fuckwit idea of
supplying jammers to the public for profit.

YOU are an  ASS   2- bob.

Fuck off.

.......   Phil

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

So, you are now telling us that it's OK to supply jammers if he doesnt make
a profit!

I am not a donkey, but YOU are an arse!

Re: Mobile Phone Signal Jammer

"Two Bob"

( snip insane drivel )

** YOU are  pathetic  TROLLING   ASS

and  mad as a   ** 2 bob watch **   on the blink.

Go drop Dead.

.......   Phil

Site Timeline