Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
July 26, 2005, 12:31 pm
rate this thread
Re: Mil spec ICs
Depends on which mil spec you are looking at.
Usually the packaging is much higher quality
for a start: ceramic packaging or a hermetic
metal can, some shielding for rad hardened
devices etc, stronger casing for higher
Wider temp ranges mean thermal expansion will
be more of an issue which is also a package
design issue. Noise of plastic encapsulated
devices can also be higher than metal can
units from surface contamination of the active
device element. So for a start I'd say the
packaging would be a major consideration of
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design