May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

I have a sound operated camera flash circuit that I built in the 70's.
It has the IC missing.
I thought that it was built from an English Practical Electronics circuit,
but the circuit appears very similar to the ETI 514B published in May 1976.
It does have a few differences however.
Does anyone have the May 1972 ETI that published the original ETI 514?

Re: May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

"Ralph"

**  If the IC has 8 pins, I bet it is an LM301A.

The dudes at ETI were besotted with them in the early '70s.

 Still an impressive device.

.......  Phil

Re: May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

Wrong guess Phil

I have the mag,  it was a 741.

Russell

circuit,

Re: May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

"Russ_Verdon"

**  Ok   -  so they were slumming it that day  ....

  Pukes .....

........  Phil

Re: May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

Thanks to Russ, I can state that the 514 used the 741 and the latter 514B
used the 301, as Phil guessed.
Ralph

Re: May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

Phil appears to be good at that (guessing that is). :P
Pity his guessing (mostly incorrect) extends beyond the sphere of
electronics into other areas of which he has absolutely no knowledge or
expertise.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

"Ralph"

** That was no mere "guess".

I built a 514B back in 1976.

Took a nice pic of a yellow balloon bursting with my Pentax KX.

.......   Phil

Re: May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

 LOL, so they *were* slumming it that day!

GB
--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)

Site Timeline