May 1972 ETI sound operated flash

I have a sound operated camera flash circuit that I built in the 70's. It has the IC missing. I thought that it was built from an English Practical Electronics circuit, but the circuit appears very similar to the ETI 514B published in May 1976. It does have a few differences however. Does anyone have the May 1972 ETI that published the original ETI 514?

Reply to
Ralph

"Ralph"

** If the IC has 8 pins, I bet it is an LM301A.

The dudes at ETI were besotted with them in the early '70s.

Still an impressive device.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Wrong guess Phil

I have the mag, it was a 741.

Russell

circuit,

Reply to
Russ_Verdon

"Russ_Verdon"

** Ok - so they were slumming it that day ....

Pukes .....

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks to Russ, I can state that the 514 used the 741 and the latter 514B used the 301, as Phil guessed. Ralph

Reply to
Ralph

Phil appears to be good at that (guessing that is). :P Pity his guessing (mostly incorrect) extends beyond the sphere of electronics into other areas of which he has absolutely no knowledge or expertise.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Ralph"

** That was no mere "guess".

I built a 514B back in 1976.

Took a nice pic of a yellow balloon bursting with my Pentax KX.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Ralph" wrote in news:e09ku1$86j$ snipped-for-privacy@mws-stat-syd.cdn.telstra.com.au:

LOL, so they *were* slumming it that day!

GB

--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)