Eti 4000 speakers

I think they had kef drivers the woofer was reported as being nearly perfec t in the low frequency range. They were reported to hold their own as refer ence speakers. Unless you are playing good vinal or top tape recordings fro m the same era you wouldn't get any advantage cds and mp3 or 4 wouldn't be worth the effort. Cd and mp3 etc are not good at all. My system uses a 3 way top speaker and a subwoofer it cost me $10.00, at th e opp shop and sounds great. I used to have the magazine but lost it.

Reply to
womby1954

** IIRC, ETI 4000 speakers use only Philips drivers - never KEF.

** Oh really ?

** Well - for that sort of money it would need to.

** I guess the same goes for once having a clue?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No in some cases as in project 495 transmission line speakers they ended up using kef b139 also one driver was a celestion As written in the eti 30 audio projects. You are correct they only used phillips in their monthly magazines. If you are interested in the article i can copy it and mail it to you.

Reply to
womby1954

... along with your golden ear it seems.

Oh well I guess that has the benefit that you don't have to worry about music formats or the quality of the playback equipment anymore.

--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
~misfit~

This isn't a "site", you terminal retard.

Yeah. Just f*ck off.

Reply to
Jeßus

Wow so much wrong here .... Facts and spelling. Hardly worth further discourse with one so ill-informed and educated methinks.