Looking for robust light sensor

I'm seeking a light sensor that has to remain stable in a humid, sometimes
hot environment, up to 45C. It doesn't have to be particularly sensitive,
basically just monitor whether it's a bright day, or a dull day, or night.
I've crashed & burned with LDRs, so I know they're not the go. Any
suggestions?

Re: Looking for robust light sensor

http://www.taosinc.com

Re: Looking for robust light sensor

use a led
use a photo diode

: On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:00:44 +0800, "bruce varley"
:
: >I'm seeking a light sensor that has to remain stable in a humid,
sometimes
: >hot environment, up to 45C. It doesn't have to be particularly
sensitive,
: >basically just monitor whether it's a bright day, or a dull day, or
night.
: >I've crashed & burned with LDRs, so I know they're not the go. Any
: >suggestions?
: >
:
: http://www.taosinc.com
:

Re: Looking for robust light sensor

take one out of the cheapest solar garden light they work well over that
temp