Local SMD part placement service?

There are outfits OS that sell SMD/DIP adaptors, that also offer part
placement service at a reasonable rate for small quantities, with no setup
fee. Is there anything in Oz?

Re: Local SMD part placement service?

Here in Perth, Tri Electronics in O/P.  Tri is the "owner" (his missus
is actually the BOSS).  I have used them for through-hole short runs
(20 boards) and I have been assured that they have SMD p-n-p
capability.

There is one in Malaga (name escapes me, more expensive) and one at
the top end of Tomlinson in Welshpool (ditto).  There are probably
others I'm not aware of.  Give Tri a try.

Re: Local SMD part placement service?
The is a place in Northern Nsw
  Watching ch31 digital there is a programme calle restoring dreams and
the company is promoted there , very very fast machine and the stated
would de small lots from 6 or 8 boards if you are prepared to pay

--

Re: Local SMD part placement service?

Also maybe try Pace (good quality) in Joondalup
PACE Assembly (Juergen) www.pace-assembly.com/contact.html

or possibly cheaper in Malaga:
ElectAss (Gary Kunej) http://www.pcbassemblyperth.com.au/

Re: Local SMD part placement service?
On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:00:06 +0800, "Dennis"

Yep, that's the one I had in mind.

Re: Local SMD part placement service?

I thought it might be - it took me 5 minutes of ruminating until I could
remember the name.

Re: Local SMD part placement service?
On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 19:04:31 +0800, "Dennis"

I had Gary's name but couldn't recall their biz-name.  Actually only
threw out his biz-card a couple of weeks back.

Site Timeline