LG 700s question re horizontal drive

I have had a fault appear in my LG monitor where the horizontal linearity has gone cactus. The width is about 1/2 and is very corrupted. From my electronics course we touched briefly on TV, but this was in the "old days". Apart from the main symptom everything else appears OK except the digital control buttons on the front are inoperative with anything to do with horizontal shape/position etc.

My question is: is this fault likely to be in the lower level cctry where the drive waveshape is generated, as opposed to older desoign where compensatory adjustments were done at higher levels around the deflection cctry?

The failure occured as though a capacitor went thru a breakdown sequence over a few seconds with the full width undergoing a a series of rapid reductions and recovery followed by complete reduction and loss of linearity.

tks,..Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Hi,

In monitors, microcontroller generates control signal that controls the amplitude of correction signal generated somewhere else. In your particular case, I suspect that micro is OK and output stages developed fault. Can you tell me what chassis monitor is (written on the back). I amight be able to help with circuit diagram.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii