led sign

 Hello
 I have bought an old led sign SILENTRADIO 3502 M16 without keyboard.
 at the back of my led sign there is a connector
like network connectors, and wrotten near it  the word : keyboard
I want a help  in order to find a keyboard
thanx

Re: led sign

Sounds like a serial port. If you can find a "console cable" then you
may be able to talk to it with a PC's serial port.

Re: led sign

finger to keyboard and composed:

Measure the voltages. If the interface is RS232, then you may see
+/-12V or similar. As a rule, unless there are pull-up resistors, any
pin carrying +/-12V will be an output. An examination of the interface
chip(s) may also shed some light on the interface type. If the
keyboard is powered from the interface, check for +5V and ground.

I don't know if this URL will be of any help:
http://www.signweb.com/stmg/forum/viewtopic.php?p14%0221&sid=5ecdafa04390f83db35822598678fa34

- Franc Zabkar