Is there any reason - Page 2

Re: Is there any reason

Yes though I think it started this afternoon.

:-P

Re: Is there any reason

The question makes perfect sense, it was your reply that lacked
intelligence. We have a standard for higher voltage AC power in the house,
why isn't there a standard for low voltage DC devices?

Michael

Re: Is there any reason

Give me the address of the standards organisation for low voltage equipment
and I'll complain for you.

To answer the top question, yes you do have a choice of power outlet. The
problem is you will have to pack your bags and try another country. Back to
reality, the question was why are most charger/power sources not standard?
Why complain when you get one bundled with the equipment, When they start
bundling power points with the equipment we will then have reason to
complain. When there are standards in place, and only one country to think
about, then we can have a fixed standard. While we purchase our electrical
and electronic consumer items from every and any country, we have little
choice.

But, as I posted earlier, wouldnt we really have cause for complaint if we
were all forced to drive only pale blue VT commodores around.

Read 1984

Re: Is there any reason

the cigar lighter socket is about as close as it comes to there being a
standard: 12V @ about 10A

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Is there any reason

When mains power was initiated there were a few different standards it
went through.
In Western Australia it was DC, then 40 Hz AC then 250 Volt 50Hz AC then
240 Volts AC and the new standard is 230 volts AC.

Re: Is there any reason

Great for the environment isn't it? It's called waste.

:-P

Re: Is there any reason

If the manufacturer supplies a charger to suit the equipment, it's not
called waste, it called convenience.

The only true wilderness is found between a greenies ears.

Re: Is there any reason

Are you trolling? I don't read this group that much so it's hard to work out
if you're a troll or not. I guess you must be because I don't really see how
anyone can argue that having a standard DC charger is a bad thing.

Michael

Re: Is there any reason

Yes and no, ppl complain about the stupidest things. Having fixed standards
would be great, but it's never going to happen. As long as there is more
than one manufacturer, there will be more than one standard. All I'm saying
is that as long as a charger/supply is bundled with the equipment there can
be no complaint. (tho xmas lights are a major prob lol)

Re: Is there any reason

The point of my post was to work out if there was a technical reason this
isn't done, eg maybe it's much more expensive to produce 5v and difficult to
charge from it or something. I guess if that was the case the standard could
be 12V anyway.

Michael

Re: Is there any reason

Another guy I know has a motorolla that can charge via USB. Maybe this will
become the norm.
:-P

Re: Is there any reason

finger to keyboard and composed:

Because the Greenies are more interested in watching whales and
pandering to drug losers.

- Franc Zabkar