IBM G50 monitor - focus

My son picked up an IBM G50 monitor the other day as fill-in while his normal monitor was awaiting a HOT replacement.

Focus was off, so I went to split the case and had more than the usual trouble. Then I spied a very neat hole in the side, lined up with the focus pot. Very handy, but it made me wonder - is this hole a factory job or a serviceman's after-market handywork?

Reply to
budgie

That was a while since I repaired those. Consider yourself lucky that hole exists. This monitor requires special tools to open.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

That's why I gave up trying to separate the case and peered in through the hole. Perfect view of the pot shaft. That's why I wondered about the history of the hole.

Reply to
budgie

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:17:18 +1100, "Rudolf Ladyzhenskii" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Tamper proof torx?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

No. Clips that hold the cover are very deep and there are two narrow slots to access them. So one needs a long, thin piece of metal with some sort of hook on the end. Scredrivers do not fit. And you have to undo both clips at same time.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf