how much standby power do ALL your appliances use? - Page 2

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

for

Spot the contradiction.

The Greeks did try democracy a few thousand years ago, although even then,
not for all.
I'm not sure we have improved on it though, but you are naturally welcome to
your opinion.

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

  So they did.  So there is a lot of experience to draw on,
thanks for pointing that out.  (That is why you snipped and
changed the whole context of my reply, right?)

Luck;
    Ken

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Yes, one of the most advanced civilisations prior to the modern period.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Nope, your rant against communism was simply irrelevant.

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Yeah, like stoning to death for sexual preferences or extra-marital sex.

Good to see you're so enlightened.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

The trouble is that they embody extremes not seen elsewhere.

I've met and known some very decent Muslims indeed. They are often far more
ethical than followers of other religions.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Er no. Since when was there not a 'communist party' ?

Your brain is obviously made of scrambled eggs.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

As always, the question is who decides who is "qualified" and "non-partisan".

I remember a sci-fi book I read years ago where holding office was a
responsibility, not a right. One of the qualifiers for being elected was that
you didn't want the position. Instead, you considered it your responsibility to
govern if the society chose you to. Anyone who wanted to run was disqualified.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

No-one said it would be easy ! Thanks for your thoughts all the same.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

3W is huge. My Sony S series LCD TV takes 0.2W in standby.

Dave.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

3W was state of the art for when it was manufactured. I'm certainly not going to
fret over than when, if you'd read my earlier post the set-top-box my cable co
supplies consumes 17W whether 'on' or in standy. It seems the 'standby' just
switches off the front panel display and changes the colour of the switch
illumination from green to red.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

is the

No power switch on the wall socket? Best option, buy a switched power board
then.

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

It's not always conventionent to scrabble round on the floor underneat things
is it ?

THINK !

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:09:28 +0100, Eeyore

You might take your own advice. Try Googling "extension cord".

Wayne

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

It's already on one ! And I can't say I've ever seen swiched outlet extensions in
the shops either. Here's a typical one.
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/electrical-accessories/mains-trailing-sockets-13amp/trailing-sockets-unswitched/4-gang-13amp-mains-extension-trailing-socket-neon-indicator-unswitched-white-length-2m.htm

Besides, why would I want to scrabble around on the floor because the damn
manufacturer was so incompetent ?

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:31:45 +0100, Eeyore

in

If you'd gone back in the hierarchy at that page and chosen "switched"
instead of "unswitched", you'd have gotten here
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/electrical-accessories/mains-trailing-sockets-13amp/trailing-sockets-switched.html .
It's hard to imagine that anybody would write multiple posts to
advertise that level of helplessness, but you're actually the second
I've seen. Last time it was Gymmy Bob (aka John P Benji, Solar Fart,
etc.) complaining about having to crawl under his desk to read a
KillaWatt. Congrats.

Wayne

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

unplugging
board
things
extensions in
>http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/electrical-accessories/mains-trailing-sockets-13amp/trailing-sockets-unswitched/4-gang-13amp-mains-extension-trailing-socket-neon-indicator-unswitched-white-length-2m.htm
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/electrical-accessories/mains-trailing-sockets-13amp/trailing-sockets-switched.html .

And this is your justication for Samsung NOT fitting a power switch that
actually DOES SOMETHING.

I do NOT wish to crawl under the furniutre every time I want to watch TV. I have
limits. My entire house  is CFL'd for Christ's sake and I've had them for
decades but I take exception to nit wit comments like yours making a
virtue of of incompetent design.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

I have limits.

You could try mounting the power board to your TV unit instead of moaning. I
prefer having one power switch anyway, even though all my AV components do
have mains switches. But I will admit my computer power board is on the
floor, and I've been switching that every day for years.
Maybe you are simply lazy and should just ignore the small amount of power
drain. Even 17W is only about $5 a year.

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Or right, you want me to nail the power strip to the nice TV do you ? Clearly
you've never had a wife or female partner.

You could try shutting the FUCK UP and stop trying to excuse appaling product
design by Samsung.

Do they employ you ? If not, they SHOULD !

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

I prefer screws on the TV stand/cabinet, but whatever works for you.

Clearly you would be wrong, as usual.

product

Or tell your wife to STFU, and you do what's required :-)

Probably so, I would have put a switch on it, even if I didn't expect to use
it. But some manufacturers count every cent on product design. The choice
was YOURS on whether to buy it or not.

MrT..

Site Timeline