GPS Phone madness - Page 2

Re: GPS Phone madness

You think that there are only intelligent people on the road? From
personal experience, I can assure that most people on the road are idiots.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: GPS Phone madness

others.
first
how.

No I don't, and I don't think laws banning GPS usage will get rid of them
either, DO YOU?

idiots.

Are you one of them then? Must be if you think banning *PROPER* usage of a
GPS, as well as stupid use, will stop crashes.

MrT.

Re: GPS Phone madness

snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au said...
<snip>
:Like I said before: Walk a mile in my shoes. Wait 'till some idiot rams you
:up the arse, because he was mucking about with his GPS. You'll be screaming
:for legislation too.

LOL. You just don't get it, do you?

: I was dead lucky. No injuries and not much damage to my
:car. Next time and idiot decides to play Russian roulette with MY life, I
:may not be so lucky. Nor, I might add, might you be.

That's life. I have NO problem with that.

:We either get ALL the idiots off the road, or we use draconian laws to keep
:the idiots in line.

The only draconian measure we need is in relation to population control.
But that won't happen, until it's forced upon us.

:Those of us with common-sense don't read maps, text or
:use a GPS whilst we're driving.

And?

Re: GPS Phone madness

Indeed.

By who? Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage
*greater* levels of  over-population!
(and the subsequent increases in GHG emissions)
They simply refuse to believe there is any correlation between emissions and
7+ Billion people on the planet. They also believe we can reduce emissions
by increasing population. That is propagated by the insistence of measuring
output per person rather than globally, per country and per square km as it
should be done. So they can claim success in reductions per person while the
total amount continues to increase :-(
(Just as they do with water usage as well. "Hey we've hit 155 litres pp/pd,
too bad if the dams are dry because we have doubled the population since the
last dam was built, and there are no more rivers being built to dam anyway
:-)

I think the world is at it's zenith, I'm afraid it must be pretty much
downhill from here as far as quality of life for most people is concerned.

MrT.

Re: GPS Phone madness

Ditto indeed.
Overpopulation is by far the biggest threat facing this planet and our
future standard of living, ignoring nukes and rogue asteroids of course.
Although somewhat ironically, both of those are rather effective at solving
population control :->

Dave.
Re: GPS Phone madness

Well, it's going to have to change at least, in many ways.
The reliance on cheap and plentiful oil is the thing most likely to hit the
fan first for most societies. It'll be a real hoot, even better than the
GFC!

Dave.
Re: GPS Phone madness

As AGW is bullshit,

**Prove it. Supply 100%, ironclad proof that AGW is bullshit.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: GPS Phone madness

said...
:
:> The only draconian measure we need is in relation to population control.
:
:Indeed.
:
:> But that won't happen, until it's forced upon us.
:
:By who?

By nobody. What I meant, was that the population will grow so large,20%
that the population will start to decline due to food shortages,20%
disease, war and a general breakdown of society (when Australia is20%
invaded one way or the other).

It is said that - at current rates - in 500 years if it continues at the20%
same rate, there will be a human for every square metre of planet Earth20%
- that includes the oceans. Clearly it cant go that far, but the point20%
is that something needs to be done soon.

: Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage
:*greater* levels of  over-population!

I don't view our pollies as being stupid, generally speaking. Theyre20%
just self-serving parasites out to further their own - and by extention20%
- their master's - interests. Our system actively discourages ANY long20%
term beneficial planning.

:(and the subsequent increases in GHG emissions)
:They simply refuse to believe there is any correlation between emissions a=
nd
:7+ Billion people on the planet.

They won't touch the issue with a barge pole. They know it will mean20%
instant death at the next election. The public are nowhere near ready to20%
even contemplate population control.

,
:too bad if the dams are dry because we have doubled the population since t=
he
:last dam was built, and there are no more rivers being built to dam anyway
::-)
:
:I think the world is at it's zenith, I'm afraid it must be pretty much
:downhill from here as far as quality of life for most people is concerned.

I tend to agree with your final assessment.  I believe the past 100 or20%
so years in particular are highly aberrant times, in terms of human20%
history and development - it's come - and it WILL go. The way we live20%
and perceive the world we live in is on the way out, thankfully.
History will view us as being very, very odd and irrational.

Re: GPS Phone madness

No it's already too late for the planet. People currently trying to emulate
King Canute will achieve the same result.

: Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage
:*greater* levels of  over-population!

OK, more greedy, and self serving in most cases, but the result is the same.

extention

Unfortunately so true.

:(and the subsequent increases in GHG emissions)
:They simply refuse to believe there is any correlation between emissions
and
:7+ Billion people on the planet.

Indeed, the womens groups still complain about China. Imagine their current
population without the limits for over a generation!

MrT.

Re: GPS Phone madness

In article <f6678098-c956-44b4-8644-
snipped-for-privacy@u36g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com0%
said...
:
:>
:>
:> > The only draconian measure we need is in relation to population control.
:>

:> Indeed.
:>
:> > But that won't happen, until it's forced upon us.
:>
:> By who? Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage
:> *greater* levels of A0%over-population!
:
:Agreed, and the majority of the (feral, bogan) recipients of this Baby
:Bonus are the sort of crap that we need to be
:reducing the numbers of.  Instead, they should be paid a bonus for
:voluntary non-reversible sterilisation, and heavily taxed if they do
:have a child.

Thats how it should be. Of course, that doesnt help the 'captains of20%
industry' though, does it? It's to their great benefit to have as large20%
a population as is possible.

Re: GPS Phone madness

public get mad enough to start some serious efforts to find the
culprits for their situation, - then the true culprits: Greenies,
corrupt pollies (on both sides) and their corporate masters, Corrupt
bankers, PC morons, do gooders and the Trevs of this world might enjoy
being on the receiving end of a modern day (and long overdue) repeat
of bastille day.  They will probably wish for the good ol' days of the
quick death by guillotine. I would hate to think what a modern mob

If only it were so. The fallout from the GFC has seen many CEO's, bankers
etc INCREASE their income. As long as the rich and powerful are in control,
they will look after their own. And I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a
"mob" revolution if I were you. But yes it's long overdue.

Has always been a contradiction of terms!

MrT.

Re: GPS Phone madness

Yep, Wall Street banking took over the government in broad daylight,
and that piece of shit in the white house, just like his predecessor,
handed the bankers etc everything they wanted. If things start getting
too hot, they will just orchestrate another "9-11" or other such event
to take the heat off and get people angry at some imagined external
common enemy, while not even noticing the real one in their own
land.
Worse still, they could manufacture another war.

Im not holding my breath for it, but there seems no other way out, and
all hell could break loose once if enough people woke up.

The multi tiered and bent legal system can't help make change, or
bring justice, and is not available to the average person, (anyone
rich or connected enough to be able to utilise it, isn't going to need
to as they already have to have power to be in that position)

"Going by the book", "voting in the other party", "doing the right
thing" have proven to be total failures time after time.
Anything that is handed out or legislated that seems "positive /
fair / good", comes with an enormous
sting in the tail, and negative unintended consequences, and is never
reversed or repaired.

A revolution, uprising or some other similar action at some point
seems to me as the only logical eventual outcome. On the other hand,
the entire system could just fall apart and people can start again
(IE: former USSR)
Has happened through history, and they didn't have the communications
or knowledge, or the ability of the ordinary person to reach a world
audience that they do now.

Yes

Re: GPS Phone madness

[...]

Hell, I spent years on the road as a field tech. I've lost count of how
many times I've had near misses with morons yapping on their mobiles, of
texting on them while driving. The sooner driving distractions are
outlawed, the happier I'll be.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: GPS Phone madness

others.
you
screaming
to my

And Netiquette says if you are going to snip *ALL* of what a person wrote,
you can at least snip their name as well!

It is impossible to ban everything that will distract a MORON driver, far
easier to ban the MORON in the first place.
At least there should be severe penalties for CAUSING a crash. The one time
someone ran into me, put me into hospital, and was actually taken to court,
they were found guilty of careless driving and failing to give way, and
given a fine LESS than a parking ticket!

MrT.

Re: GPS Phone madness

snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au said...
:
:> snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au said...
:> :
:> :> Looks like using GPS phones will be banned in Vic, even if it's in a
:> :> cradle:
:> :> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27916/532 /
:> :>
:> :> Madness, as only the bureaucrats can come up with.
:> :
:> :**Yeah? Wait'll you get tapped in the arse by some idiot punching a
:> :destination into his GPS. IF a GPS can be made to only operate by a
:> :passenger, or when the car is stationary, then I have no problems with20%
:> their
:> :use. As long as drivers can use them, then we're all in trouble.
:> :
:> :PS: My 'phone is GPS equipped, so I will be affected by any forthcoming
:> :legislation. I ONLY operate it when my car is stationary. Driving a car20%
:> in
:> :Sydney requires 100% concentration.
:>
:> Wouldn't you be a lot happier living somewhere like Singapore?
:
:**Fuck that. It's a dictatorship, where capital punishment is enshrined in=
20%
:law. I am anti-capital punishment. Singapore has the worst weather on the=
20%
:planet too.

What do you expect will happen here if you keep getting what you want,20%
which appears to be to have guns outlawed, and now new GPS laws? Those20%
in power will take every opportunity to exploit and abuse such laws, one20%
way or the other. At least you're anti-capital punishment...

:> They love having endless laws, with harsh penalties.
:> Sounds like it'd be right up your alley.
:
:**After YOU get rear-ended by some fuckwit playing with his GPS, get back =
to20%
:me.20%

You think if that happened to me, that I'd automatically want the law20%
changed? Not everyone thinks like you (thank Christ).

: Idiots cannot be trusted to use GPS' responsibly.20%
:The law is essential.20%
:I watched this idiot plough into me a few months ago. I could see him20%
:fiddling with his GPS. I had absolutely no-where to go. I just waited for=
20%
:the crunch. Then I waited for my car to be repaired. It was a PITA. All hi=
s20%
:fault, that doesn't make up for the inconvenience.

We were in a fairly serious accident, being t-boned by a drunk driver.
And yet I am against random breath testing. Just because something20%
'bad' happens, doesnt mean you need to be running off for help from the20%
nanny state.

:Walk a mile in my shoes, BEFORE you shoot your mouth off.

No, you assume your way of thinking is the only possible 'correct' way20%
of thinking. Your mentality is asking for a dictatorship, even if you20%
don't know it.

[...]

**Huh? Do you imagine that by repeating a lie that it suddenly becomes
truth? Here's where I get to call you a liar. Justify your allegation, or
retract it. And fuck off with your mealy-mothed words like "appears". Man up
or fuck off. Liar.

 and now new GPS laws? Those
in power will take every opportunity to exploit and abuse such laws, one
way or the other.

**All laws can be misused. We need to be vigilant.

 At least you're anti-capital punishment...

**There's no going back from death.

:> They love having endless laws, with harsh penalties.
:> Sounds like it'd be right up your alley.
:
:**After YOU get rear-ended by some fuckwit playing with his GPS, get back
:me.

You think if that happened to me, that I'd automatically want the law
changed? Not everyone thinks like you (thank Christ).

: Idiots cannot be trusted to use GPS' responsibly.
:The law is essential.
:I watched this idiot plough into me a few months ago. I could see him
:fiddling with his GPS. I had absolutely no-where to go. I just waited for
:the crunch. Then I waited for my car to be repaired. It was a PITA. All his
:fault, that doesn't make up for the inconvenience.

We were in a fairly serious accident, being t-boned by a drunk driver.
And yet I am against random breath testing.

**That makes you kinda stupid. The results of RBT are tangible and real.
Thousands of innocent lives have been saved by RBT. Including, possibly,
yours and mine, BTW. RBT is not only a miniscule intrusion into our lives,
but targets only the criminal. If your not guilty, there is zero cost, save
a few seconds out of your life.

 Just because something
'bad' happens, doesnt mean you need to be running off for help from the
nanny state.

**I love this term: "nanny state". It makes the application of common-sense
laws sound, somehow, nasty. It's not. Without laws, we have Somalia. I take
you would prefer to live in an anarchic state, like Somalia? Or the Ivory
Coast? None of us like every law in society. However, over time, we have
developed a range of laws which allow our society to remain cohesive, fair
and to run smoothly. The law will always change along with demands from
society. It will, hopefully, always be that way.

:Walk a mile in my shoes, BEFORE you shoot your mouth off.

No, you assume your way of thinking is the only possible 'correct' way
of thinking. Your mentality is asking for a dictatorship, even if you
don't know it.

**Yours is akin to one of the war lords in Somalia. Mine is to trust in the
law and the lawmakers and the system which keeps them honest. It's not
perfect, but it is a whole lot better than your idea of anarchy.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: GPS Phone madness

snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au said...
:
: snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au said...
::
::> snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au said...
::> :
::> :> Looks like using GPS phones will be banned in Vic, even if it's in a
::> :> cradle:
::> :> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27916/532 /
::> :>
::> :> Madness, as only the bureaucrats can come up with.
::> :
::> :**Yeah? Wait'll you get tapped in the arse by some idiot punching a
::> :destination into his GPS. IF a GPS can be made to only operate by a
::> :passenger, or when the car is stationary, then I have no problems with
::> their
::> :use. As long as drivers can use them, then we're all in trouble.
::> :
::> :PS: My 'phone is GPS equipped, so I will be affected by any forthcoming
::> :legislation. I ONLY operate it when my car is stationary. Driving a car
::> in
::> :Sydney requires 100% concentration.
::>
::> Wouldn't you be a lot happier living somewhere like Singapore?
::
::**Fuck that. It's a dictatorship, where capital punishment is enshrined i=
::law. I am anti-capital punishment. Singapore has the worst weather on the
::planet too.
:
:What do you expect will happen here if you keep getting what you want,
:which appears to be to have guns outlawed,
:
:**Huh? Do you imagine that by repeating a lie that it suddenly becomes20%
:truth? Here's where I get to call you a liar. Justify your allegation, or=
20%
:retract it. And fuck off with your mealy-mothed words like "appears". Man =
up20%
:or fuck off. Liar.

LOL. Liar, liar, pants on fire. Jesus, you're a considerably bigger20%
fuckwit than I realised Trev. Well, if you can sum up in one sentence20%
what your position IS on firearms? All I have read from you is20%
negativity on the subject.

: and now new GPS laws? Those
:in power will take every opportunity to exploit and abuse such laws, one
:way or the other.
:
:**All laws can be misused. We need to be vigilant.

Yep. And vigilance clearly does sweet fuck all in our system.

: At least you're anti-capital punishment...
:
:**There's no going back from death.

I've never understood how the death penalty is worse than a lifetime of20%
incarceration. I'd take the death penalty with pleasure, if I was in20%
that situation. That's my primary objection, along with so many errors20%
being made in sentencing.

::> They love having endless laws, with harsh penalties.
::> Sounds like it'd be right up your alley.
::
::**After YOU get rear-ended by some fuckwit playing with his GPS, get back=
20%
::me.
:
:You think if that happened to me, that I'd automatically want the law
:changed? Not everyone thinks like you (thank Christ).
:
:: Idiots cannot be trusted to use GPS' responsibly.
::The law is essential.
::I watched this idiot plough into me a few months ago. I could see him
::fiddling with his GPS. I had absolutely no-where to go. I just waited for
::the crunch. Then I waited for my car to be repaired. It was a PITA. All h=
is
::fault, that doesn't make up for the inconvenience.
:
:We were in a fairly serious accident, being t-boned by a drunk driver.
:And yet I am against random breath testing.
:
:**That makes you kinda stupid. The results of RBT are tangible and real.=
20%

Look, I'm NOT trying to change your mind, I'm replying with an20%
alternative point of view. I view the "tangible and real" results as20%
irrelevant.

:Thousands of innocent lives have been saved by RBT.20%

Oh goody.

: Including, possibly,20%
:yours and mine, BTW. RBT is not only a miniscule intrusion into our lives,=
20%
:but targets only the criminal. If your not guilty, there is zero cost, sav=
e20%
:a few seconds out of your life.

Try living in Kiama and having to use the outbound southern exit from20%
the main street each day. I was breath tested on average four times a20%
week.

: Just because something
:'bad' happens, doesnt mean you need to be running off for help from the
:nanny state.
:
:**I love this term: "nanny state".20%

I thought you would, in all honesty.

: It makes the application of common-sense20%
:laws sound, somehow, nasty.20%

It does, because they are. Common sense legislation is long gone.

: It's not. Without laws, we have Somalia.20%

No laws now? who said that?

: I take20%
:you would prefer to live in an anarchic state, like Somalia? Or the Ivory=
20%
:Coast? None of us like every law in society. However, over time, we have=
20%
:developed a range of laws which allow our society to remain cohesive, fair=
20%
:and to run smoothly. The law will always change along with demands from20%
:society. It will, hopefully, always be that way.

I'll keep saying it - you just don't get it. Adding more laws for GPS,20%
fog lights, water restrictions or even wearing yellow hats on a weekday20%
are an exercise in utter futility. That mindset just isnt relevent at20%
this stage of our society. It will solve NOTHING and will only20%
exacerbate the problems people face daily. The root cause of 90% of our20%
problems in overpopulation - these sort of issues like drink driving or20%
GPS use only raised their heads (technology timelines notwithstanding)20%
in recent times. In the past, most would shrug and accept that sometimes20%
accidents happen. But I imagine you can't get your head around that...

::Walk a mile in my shoes, BEFORE you shoot your mouth off.
:
:No, you assume your way of thinking is the only possible 'correct' way
:of thinking. Your mentality is asking for a dictatorship, even if you
:don't know it.
:
:**Yours is akin to one of the war lords in Somalia. Mine is to trust in th=
e20%
:law and the lawmakers and the system which keeps them honest. It's not20%
:perfect, but it is a whole lot better than your idea of anarchy.

Oddly enough, it works *perfectly* where I live - not that I regard it20%
as 'anarchy' (your words, not mine). Example, the local coppers are20%
great blokes and excerise their own discretion, instead of robotically20%
applying the law as written. Why does it work here? Because of the small20%
population over a wide area.

Your barking up the wrong tree with applying new bandaid laws to 'fix'20%
everything. It's uttery futile.

[...]

**YOU seem to already know what it is. YOU sum it up. Alternatively, you
could admit that you don't know and that you lied when you said you did.
After you admit your lie, I will elucidate my views in one sentence. Not
before.

 All I have read from you is
negativity on the subject.

: and now new GPS laws? Those
[...]

**Saving lives is tangible and real.

:Thousands of innocent lives have been saved by RBT.

Oh goody.

**Perhaps your life has been saved by RBT. Or your loved ones.

: Including, possibly,
:yours and mine, BTW. RBT is not only a miniscule intrusion into our lives,
:but targets only the criminal. If your not guilty, there is zero cost, save
:a few seconds out of your life.

Try living in Kiama and having to use the outbound southern exit from
the main street each day. I was breath tested on average four times a
week.

: Just because something
:'bad' happens, doesnt mean you need to be running off for help from the
:nanny state.
:
:**I love this term: "nanny state".

I thought you would, in all honesty.

**That was sarcasm. IT is a misused catach-all term for something that
people do not understand. Let them live in Somalia, the Ivory Coast or
Zimbabwe and they can understand what a non-nanny state is.

: It makes the application of common-sense
:laws sound, somehow, nasty.

It does, because they are. Common sense legislation is long gone.

: It's not. Without laws, we have Somalia.

No laws now? who said that?

**You don't get to pick and choose which laws apply.

: I take
:you would prefer to live in an anarchic state, like Somalia? Or the Ivory
:Coast? None of us like every law in society. However, over time, we have
:developed a range of laws which allow our society to remain cohesive, fair
:and to run smoothly. The law will always change along with demands from
:society. It will, hopefully, always be that way.

I'll keep saying it - you just don't get it. Adding more laws for GPS,
fog lights, water restrictions or even wearing yellow hats on a weekday
are an exercise in utter futility.

**If it gets morons off the road, it is not.

 That mindset just isnt relevent at
this stage of our society. It will solve NOTHING and will only
exacerbate the problems people face daily. The root cause of 90% of our
problems in overpopulation

**Sure. Our moronic PM and our previous moronic PM seem to have little idea
that we have a major problem. The Greens understand it though.

 - these sort of issues like drink driving or
GPS use only raised their heads (technology timelines notwithstanding)
in recent times. In the past, most would shrug and accept that sometimes
accidents happen. But I imagine you can't get your head around that...

**Accidents can be avoided.

[...]

**I disagree. IT *may* work well.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: GPS Phone madness

More fool you!

Pity the system DOESN'T keep them honest then!

And you see no other alternatives? What a limited vision you have!

MrT.

Re: GPS Phone madness

OMFG !  Now I have heard everything !

You either are a troll, a viral marketer and posterboy for state
government corruption, the most
naive being ever created, or an ABSOLUTE TOTAL NUTCASE.

Stop sitting and watching police, court dramas and political
interviews on TV (propaganda) and believing them to be fact.

Trevor, GET HELP, or open your eyes and smell the coffee. Wake up to
reality.

Unchecked corruption, breach of human rights and breach of the basic
rule of law (as is rampant these days) LEADS ultimately to lawless,
violent messes like you are so anxious to avoid.