GPS Phone madness

:> Like I said before: Walk a mile in my shoes. Wait 'till some idiot rams :you :> up the arse, because he was mucking about with his GPS. : :I've been run into the back of 3 times by people not watching what they were :doing! NONE of them was playing with a GPS. You STILL do not understand the :difference between poor driving, inattention and a singular piece of :technology that MAY cause some *morons* to crash, when they'd just find some :other way to do it anyhow.

Indeed, he just doesnt get it.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

Indeed.

By who? Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage

*greater* levels of over-population! (and the subsequent increases in GHG emissions) They simply refuse to believe there is any correlation between emissions and 7+ Billion people on the planet. They also believe we can reduce emissions by increasing population. That is propagated by the insistence of measuring output per person rather than globally, per country and per square km as it should be done. So they can claim success in reductions per person while the total amount continues to increase :-( (Just as they do with water usage as well. "Hey we've hit 155 litres pp/pd, too bad if the dams are dry because we have doubled the population since the last dam was built, and there are no more rivers being built to dam anyway :-)

I think the world is at it's zenith, I'm afraid it must be pretty much downhill from here as far as quality of life for most people is concerned.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Is there anything much that you aren't against Trevor?

Like many of the others here, I've been rear ended a couple of times by idiots who didn't need a GPS or phone to help them. Its part of life in the big city which is one of the reasons that I no longer live in a big (or even a small) city.

No thanks Trev, I would never want to get that pedantic. Speaking of which, shouldn't that be 1.6 kilometres in your shoes?

Reply to
keithr

Ditto indeed. Overpopulation is by far the biggest threat facing this planet and our future standard of living, ignoring nukes and rogue asteroids of course. Although somewhat ironically, both of those are rather effective at solving population control :->

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Well, it's going to have to change at least, in many ways. The reliance on cheap and plentiful oil is the thing most likely to hit the fan first for most societies. It'll be a real hoot, even better than the GFC!

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Perhaps the problem is that people might be tempted to use their phone for non-GPS purposes for example if an SMS arrives while they're at the lights. It's really easy to get distracted when your GPS device tries to do more than just be a GPS.

I reckon it's too much of a temptation for many to revert to 'illegal' behaviour even when it's cradled (especially modern touch screen phones), so perhaps it's better to force the phone out of your reach while driving, including off the dash.. Not everyone would break the law as described of course, but I imagine there will always be enough stupid people to warrant it overall..

Regards,

Ross..

Reply to
Ross Vumbaca

:> :> Madness, as only the bureaucrats can come up with. :> : :> :**Yeah? Wait'll you get tapped in the arse by some idiot punching a :> :destination into his GPS. IF a GPS can be made to only operate by a :> :passenger, or when the car is stationary, then I have no problems with :> their :> :use. As long as drivers can use them, then we're all in trouble. :> : :> :PS: My 'phone is GPS equipped, so I will be affected by any forthcoming :> :legislation. I ONLY operate it when my car is stationary. Driving a car :> in :> :Sydney requires 100% concentration. :>

:> Wouldn't you be a lot happier living somewhere like Singapore? : :**Fuck that. It's a dictatorship, where capital punishment is enshrined in :law. I am anti-capital punishment. Singapore has the worst weather on the :planet too.

What do you expect will happen here if you keep getting what you want, which appears to be to have guns outlawed,

**Huh? Do you imagine that by repeating a lie that it suddenly becomes truth? Here's where I get to call you a liar. Justify your allegation, or retract it. And f*ck off with your mealy-mothed words like "appears". Man up or f*ck off. Liar.

and now new GPS laws? Those in power will take every opportunity to exploit and abuse such laws, one way or the other.

**All laws can be misused. We need to be vigilant.

At least you're anti-capital punishment...

**There's no going back from death.

:> They love having endless laws, with harsh penalties. :> Sounds like it'd be right up your alley. : :**After YOU get rear-ended by some f****it playing with his GPS, get back to :me.

You think if that happened to me, that I'd automatically want the law changed? Not everyone thinks like you (thank Christ).

: Idiots cannot be trusted to use GPS' responsibly. :The law is essential. :I watched this idiot plough into me a few months ago. I could see him :fiddling with his GPS. I had absolutely no-where to go. I just waited for :the crunch. Then I waited for my car to be repaired. It was a PITA. All his :fault, that doesn't make up for the inconvenience.

We were in a fairly serious accident, being t-boned by a drunk driver. And yet I am against random breath testing.

**That makes you kinda stupid. The results of RBT are tangible and real. Thousands of innocent lives have been saved by RBT. Including, possibly, yours and mine, BTW. RBT is not only a miniscule intrusion into our lives, but targets only the criminal. If your not guilty, there is zero cost, save a few seconds out of your life.

Just because something 'bad' happens, doesnt mean you need to be running off for help from the nanny state.

**I love this term: "nanny state". It makes the application of common-sense laws sound, somehow, nasty. It's not. Without laws, we have Somalia. I take you would prefer to live in an anarchic state, like Somalia? Or the Ivory Coast? None of us like every law in society. However, over time, we have developed a range of laws which allow our society to remain cohesive, fair and to run smoothly. The law will always change along with demands from society. It will, hopefully, always be that way.

:Walk a mile in my shoes, BEFORE you shoot your mouth off.

No, you assume your way of thinking is the only possible 'correct' way of thinking. Your mentality is asking for a dictatorship, even if you don't know it.

**Yours is akin to one of the war lords in Somalia. Mine is to trust in the law and the lawmakers and the system which keeps them honest. It's not perfect, but it is a whole lot better than your idea of anarchy.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

As AGW is bullshit,

**Prove it. Supply 100%, ironclad proof that AGW is bullshit.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

::> :> Madness, as only the bureaucrats can come up with. ::> : ::> :**Yeah? Wait'll you get tapped in the arse by some idiot punching a ::> :destination into his GPS. IF a GPS can be made to only operate by a ::> :passenger, or when the car is stationary, then I have no problems with ::> their ::> :use. As long as drivers can use them, then we're all in trouble. ::> : ::> :PS: My 'phone is GPS equipped, so I will be affected by any forthcomin= g ::> :legislation. I ONLY operate it when my car is stationary. Driving a ca= r ::> in ::> :Sydney requires 100% concentration. ::>

::> Wouldn't you be a lot happier living somewhere like Singapore? :: ::**Fuck that. It's a dictatorship, where capital punishment is enshrined i= n ::law. I am anti-capital punishment. Singapore has the worst weather on the ::planet too. : :What do you expect will happen here if you keep getting what you want, :which appears to be to have guns outlawed, : :**Huh? Do you imagine that by repeating a lie that it suddenly becomes=20 :truth? Here's where I get to call you a liar. Justify your allegation, or= =20 :retract it. And f*ck off with your mealy-mothed words like "appears". Man = up=20 :or f*ck off. Liar.

LOL. Liar, liar, pants on fire. Jesus, you're a considerably bigger=20 f****it than I realised Trev. Well, if you can sum up in one sentence=20 what your position IS on firearms? All I have read from you is=20 negativity on the subject.

: and now new GPS laws? Those :in power will take every opportunity to exploit and abuse such laws, one :way or the other. : :**All laws can be misused. We need to be vigilant.

Yep. And vigilance clearly does sweet f*ck all in our system.

: At least you're anti-capital punishment... : :**There's no going back from death.

I've never understood how the death penalty is worse than a lifetime of=20 incarceration. I'd take the death penalty with pleasure, if I was in=20 that situation. That's my primary objection, along with so many errors=20 being made in sentencing.

::> They love having endless laws, with harsh penalties. ::> Sounds like it'd be right up your alley. :: ::**After YOU get rear-ended by some f****it playing with his GPS, get back= =20 :to ::me. : :You think if that happened to me, that I'd automatically want the law :changed? Not everyone thinks like you (thank Christ). : :: Idiots cannot be trusted to use GPS' responsibly. ::The law is essential. ::I watched this idiot plough into me a few months ago. I could see him ::fiddling with his GPS. I had absolutely no-where to go. I just waited for ::the crunch. Then I waited for my car to be repaired. It was a PITA. All h= is ::fault, that doesn't make up for the inconvenience. : :We were in a fairly serious accident, being t-boned by a drunk driver. :And yet I am against random breath testing. : :**That makes you kinda stupid. The results of RBT are tangible and real.= =20

Look, I'm NOT trying to change your mind, I'm replying with an=20 alternative point of view. I view the "tangible and real" results as=20 irrelevant.

:Thousands of innocent lives have been saved by RBT.=20

Oh goody.

: Including, possibly,=20 :yours and mine, BTW. RBT is not only a miniscule intrusion into our lives,= =20 :but targets only the criminal. If your not guilty, there is zero cost, sav= e=20 :a few seconds out of your life.

Try living in Kiama and having to use the outbound southern exit from=20 the main street each day. I was breath tested on average four times a=20 week.

: Just because something :'bad' happens, doesnt mean you need to be running off for help from the :nanny state. : :**I love this term: "nanny state".=20

I thought you would, in all honesty.

: It makes the application of common-sense=20 :laws sound, somehow, nasty.=20

It does, because they are. Common sense legislation is long gone.

: It's not. Without laws, we have Somalia.=20

No laws now? who said that?

: I take=20 :you would prefer to live in an anarchic state, like Somalia? Or the Ivory= =20 :Coast? None of us like every law in society. However, over time, we have= =20 :developed a range of laws which allow our society to remain cohesive, fair= =20 :and to run smoothly. The law will always change along with demands from=20 :society. It will, hopefully, always be that way.

I'll keep saying it - you just don't get it. Adding more laws for GPS,=20 fog lights, water restrictions or even wearing yellow hats on a weekday=20 are an exercise in utter futility. That mindset just isnt relevent at=20 this stage of our society. It will solve NOTHING and will only=20 exacerbate the problems people face daily. The root cause of 90% of our=20 problems in overpopulation - these sort of issues like drink driving or=20 GPS use only raised their heads (technology timelines notwithstanding)=20 in recent times. In the past, most would shrug and accept that sometimes=20 accidents happen. But I imagine you can't get your head around that...

::Walk a mile in my shoes, BEFORE you shoot your mouth off. : :No, you assume your way of thinking is the only possible 'correct' way :of thinking. Your mentality is asking for a dictatorship, even if you :don't know it. : :**Yours is akin to one of the war lords in Somalia. Mine is to trust in th= e=20 :law and the lawmakers and the system which keeps them honest. It's not=20 :perfect, but it is a whole lot better than your idea of anarchy.

Oddly enough, it works *perfectly* where I live - not that I regard it=20 as 'anarchy' (your words, not mine). Example, the local coppers are=20 great blokes and excerise their own discretion, instead of robotically=20 applying the law as written. Why does it work here? Because of the small=20 population over a wide area.

Your barking up the wrong tree with applying new bandaid laws to 'fix'=20 everything. It's uttery futile.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

By nobody. What I meant, was that the population will grow so large,=20 that the population will start to decline due to food shortages,=20 disease, war and a general breakdown of society (when Australia is=20 invaded one way or the other).

It is said that - at current rates - in 500 years if it continues at the=20 same rate, there will be a human for every square metre of planet Earth=20

- that includes the oceans. Clearly it cant go that far, but the point=20 is that something needs to be done soon.

: Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage :*greater* levels of over-population!

I don't view our pollies as being stupid, generally speaking. Theyre=20 just self-serving parasites out to further their own - and by extention=20

- their master's - interests. Our system actively discourages ANY long=20 term beneficial planning.

:(and the subsequent increases in GHG emissions) :They simply refuse to believe there is any correlation between emissions a= nd :7+ Billion people on the planet.

They won't touch the issue with a barge pole. They know it will mean=20 instant death at the next election. The public are nowhere near ready to=20 even contemplate population control.

: They also believe we can reduce emissions :by increasing population. That is propagated by the insistence of measurin= g :output per person rather than globally, per country and per square km as i= t :should be done. So they can claim success in reductions per person while t= he :total amount continues to increase :-( :(Just as they do with water usage as well. "Hey we've hit 155 litres pp/pd= , :too bad if the dams are dry because we have doubled the population since t= he :last dam was built, and there are no more rivers being built to dam anyway ::-) : :I think the world is at it's zenith, I'm afraid it must be pretty much :downhill from here as far as quality of life for most people is concerned.

I tend to agree with your final assessment. I believe the past 100 or=20 so years in particular are highly aberrant times, in terms of human=20 history and development - it's come - and it WILL go. The way we live=20 and perceive the world we live in is on the way out, thankfully. History will view us as being very, very odd and irrational.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

:> > The only draconian measure we need is in relation to population contro= l. :>

:> Indeed. :>

:> > But that won't happen, until it's forced upon us. :>

:> By who? Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage :> *greater* levels of =A0over-population! : :Agreed, and the majority of the (feral, bogan) recipients of this Baby :Bonus are the sort of crap that we need to be :reducing the numbers of. Instead, they should be paid a bonus for :voluntary non-reversible sterilisation, and heavily taxed if they do :have a child.

Thats how it should be. Of course, that doesnt help the 'captains of=20 industry' though, does it? It's to their great benefit to have as large=20 a population as is possible.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

public get mad enough to start some serious efforts to find the culprits for their situation, - then the true culprits: Greenies, corrupt pollies (on both sides) and their corporate masters, Corrupt bankers, PC morons, do gooders and the Trevs of this world might enjoy being on the receiving end of a modern day (and long overdue) repeat of bastille day. They will probably wish for the good ol' days of the quick death by guillotine. I would hate to think what a modern mob

If only it were so. The fallout from the GFC has seen many CEO's, bankers etc INCREASE their income. As long as the rich and powerful are in control, they will look after their own. And I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a "mob" revolution if I were you. But yes it's long overdue.

Has always been a contradiction of terms!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

More fool you!

Pity the system DOESN'T keep them honest then!

And you see no other alternatives? What a limited vision you have!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

No it's already too late for the planet. People currently trying to emulate King Canute will achieve the same result.

: Our stupid pollies are busy paying baby bonuses to encourage :*greater* levels of over-population!

OK, more greedy, and self serving in most cases, but the result is the same.

extention

Unfortunately so true.

:(and the subsequent increases in GHG emissions) :They simply refuse to believe there is any correlation between emissions and :7+ Billion people on the planet.

Indeed, the womens groups still complain about China. Imagine their current population without the limits for over a generation!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

[...]

LOL. Liar, liar, pants on fire. Jesus, you're a considerably bigger f****it than I realised Trev. Well, if you can sum up in one sentence what your position IS on firearms?

**YOU seem to already know what it is. YOU sum it up. Alternatively, you could admit that you don't know and that you lied when you said you did. After you admit your lie, I will elucidate my views in one sentence. Not before.

All I have read from you is negativity on the subject.

: and now new GPS laws? Those :in power will take every opportunity to exploit and abuse such laws, one :way or the other. : :**All laws can be misused. We need to be vigilant.

Yep. And vigilance clearly does sweet f*ck all in our system.

: At least you're anti-capital punishment... : :**There's no going back from death.

I've never understood how the death penalty is worse than a lifetime of incarceration. I'd take the death penalty with pleasure, if I was in that situation. That's my primary objection, along with so many errors being made in sentencing.

[...]

Look, I'm NOT trying to change your mind, I'm replying with an alternative point of view. I view the "tangible and real" results as irrelevant.

**Saving lives is tangible and real.

:Thousands of innocent lives have been saved by RBT.

Oh goody.

**Perhaps your life has been saved by RBT. Or your loved ones.

: Including, possibly, :yours and mine, BTW. RBT is not only a miniscule intrusion into our lives, :but targets only the criminal. If your not guilty, there is zero cost, save :a few seconds out of your life.

Try living in Kiama and having to use the outbound southern exit from the main street each day. I was breath tested on average four times a week.

: Just because something :'bad' happens, doesnt mean you need to be running off for help from the :nanny state. : :**I love this term: "nanny state".

I thought you would, in all honesty.

**That was sarcasm. IT is a misused catach-all term for something that people do not understand. Let them live in Somalia, the Ivory Coast or Zimbabwe and they can understand what a non-nanny state is.

: It makes the application of common-sense :laws sound, somehow, nasty.

It does, because they are. Common sense legislation is long gone.

: It's not. Without laws, we have Somalia.

No laws now? who said that?

**You don't get to pick and choose which laws apply.

: I take :you would prefer to live in an anarchic state, like Somalia? Or the Ivory :Coast? None of us like every law in society. However, over time, we have :developed a range of laws which allow our society to remain cohesive, fair :and to run smoothly. The law will always change along with demands from :society. It will, hopefully, always be that way.

I'll keep saying it - you just don't get it. Adding more laws for GPS, fog lights, water restrictions or even wearing yellow hats on a weekday are an exercise in utter futility.

**If it gets morons off the road, it is not.

That mindset just isnt relevent at this stage of our society. It will solve NOTHING and will only exacerbate the problems people face daily. The root cause of 90% of our problems in overpopulation

**Sure. Our moronic PM and our previous moronic PM seem to have little idea that we have a major problem. The Greens understand it though.

- these sort of issues like drink driving or GPS use only raised their heads (technology timelines notwithstanding) in recent times. In the past, most would shrug and accept that sometimes accidents happen. But I imagine you can't get your head around that...

**Accidents can be avoided.

::Walk a mile in my shoes, BEFORE you shoot your mouth off. : :No, you assume your way of thinking is the only possible 'correct' way :of thinking. Your mentality is asking for a dictatorship, even if you :don't know it. : :**Yours is akin to one of the war lords in Somalia. Mine is to trust in the :law and the lawmakers and the system which keeps them honest. It's not :perfect, but it is a whole lot better than your idea of anarchy.

Oddly enough, it works *perfectly* where I live - not that I regard it as 'anarchy' (your words, not mine). Example, the local coppers are great blokes and excerise their own discretion, instead of robotically applying the law as written. Why does it work here? Because of the small population over a wide area.

Your barking up the wrong tree with applying new bandaid laws to 'fix' everything. It's uttery futile.

**I disagree. IT *may* work well.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

OMFG ! Now I have heard everything !

You either are a troll, a viral marketer and posterboy for state government corruption, the most naive being ever created, or an ABSOLUTE TOTAL NUTCASE.

Stop sitting and watching police, court dramas and political interviews on TV (propaganda) and believing them to be fact.

Trevor, GET HELP, or open your eyes and smell the coffee. Wake up to reality.

Unchecked corruption, breach of human rights and breach of the basic rule of law (as is rampant these days) LEADS ultimately to lawless, violent messes like you are so anxious to avoid.

Reply to
KR

l,

Yep, Wall Street banking took over the government in broad daylight, and that piece of shit in the white house, just like his predecessor, handed the bankers etc everything they wanted. If things start getting too hot, they will just orchestrate another "9-11" or other such event to take the heat off and get people angry at some imagined external common enemy, while not even noticing the real one in their own land. Worse still, they could manufacture another war.

Im not holding my breath for it, but there seems no other way out, and all hell could break loose once if enough people woke up.

The multi tiered and bent legal system can't help make change, or bring justice, and is not available to the average person, (anyone rich or connected enough to be able to utilise it, isn't going to need to as they already have to have power to be in that position)

"Going by the book", "voting in the other party", "doing the right thing" have proven to be total failures time after time. Anything that is handed out or legislated that seems "positive / fair / good", comes with an enormous sting in the tail, and negative unintended consequences, and is never reversed or repaired.

A revolution, uprising or some other similar action at some point seems to me as the only logical eventual outcome. On the other hand, the entire system could just fall apart and people can start again (IE: former USSR) Has happened through history, and they didn't have the communications or knowledge, or the ability of the ordinary person to reach a world audience that they do now.

Yes

Reply to
KR

**Nothing you can say will get me to accept that RBT is a bad thing. RBT has been shown to reduce deaths on our roads.

BTW: Where is that proof that AGW is bunk?

I'm still waiting.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said... : :>

:> **Yours is akin to one of the war lords in Somalia. Mine is to trust in the :> law and the lawmakers and the system which keeps them honest. It's not :> perfect, but it is a whole lot better than your idea of anarchy. :>

: : :OMFG ! Now I have heard everything ! : :You either are a troll, a viral marketer and posterboy for state :government corruption, the most :naive being ever created, or an ABSOLUTE TOTAL NUTCASE.

He's certainly an odd combination of things, thats for sure. He *does* come across as very naive, and yet at the same time is capable seeking accurate information at the same time. How he /interprets/ that information is... odd, to say the very least! He also - as you say - comes across as a troll. Why else would he say the things he does? And yet, he doesnt really fit a troll profile. Maybe he's just a little unhinged in some ways? No name calling here, etc. I'm quite serious.

:Stop sitting and watching police, court dramas and political :interviews on TV (propaganda) and believing them to be fact. : :Trevor, GET HELP, or open your eyes and smell the coffee. Wake up to :reality.

His thinking is locked in one - and only one - way. And that's just not right, nor healthy. No point trying to reason with him, especially when you read some of his stuff when he cuts loose. Theres some rather odd psychological stuff showing through at times. He's the type of guy in real life I'd never turn my back on... I bet behind the scenes, people who know him well see a rather disturbing personality at times.

I'm starting to see where the name 'rage' audio came from. He's a government's wet dream, plays right into their hands.

Thank Christ most people have at least some ability to look past the incidental and see the big picture.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Je=DFus?=

**"Unhinged"? Get real. RBT has been shown to reduce road deaths. It is, far and away, the most significant and far-reaching piece of legislation ever enacted WRT motor vehicles. It saves lives and gets drunks off the road. If a drunk kills him/her self, I don't get all that concerned. When a drunk driver kills a close friend and her husband (leaving two children orphaned) I get pretty angry (the drunk survived relatively intact, BTW).

I accept that many people don't like the GPS legislation. I also accept that it is imperfect and that there may well be far better solutions. I will NEVER acknowledge that RBT is anything but a fine piece of legislation. I and the vast majority of Australians support it.

Lastly: I will respond to your request to place my feelings about gun ownership. I was extremely angry at your lies regarding my position. I have calmed down and will place those thoughts on the record. Do not misquote me again.

I fully support the 1996 gun control laws, which allows legal, licensed gun owners, the ability to buy, use, own and store their weapons under the approved conditions.

That's the best I can do in one sentence. If I was allowed to elaborate, I would add the following:

I do not support the legal shooting of native ducks and feel that the bloodthirsty morons who engage in such activity should seek psychiatric help. OTOH, I fully support the activities shooters who wish to exterminate rabbits, pigs, wild dogs, cats, rats and other feral species on private land. They perform a valuable service to the community. I have zero problems with responsible shooters. At least 5 of my friends are regular shooters (two, with handguns). I do not "fear" or hate guns. I hate morons with guns.

Clear enough?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au