Generic Car Amp. schematic

Hello,

I would like to begin to repair a few car amps. I have around the place
at mine ....

They all seem to have massive power filters and two major types of
active components ...

Can anyone point to a good place to see a generic car audio schematic ?
I have tried to find the schematics for these particular amplifiers, but
alas no luck so far ...

thanks
Matt

Re: Generic Car Amp. schematic

There's been several construction projects in various magazines.
Essentially they're very similar to a household amplifier, except rather
than a 60 (or 50) Hz transformer stepping down the line voltage, car
amps use a high frequency switchmode power supply to step up the 12V to
the + and - voltages required by the amplifier. First determine whether
the problem is in the power supply or the amplifier section, then
Standard diagnostic procedures apply to either portion. Usually the
problem is not too hard to track down, most all these amps are very
similar at a basic level.

Re: Generic Car Amp. schematic

Many (most?) have a single brick PA module per channel, which in my
no-longer-recent experience has been source of the problem much of the time.
A quick check of the web for data on the brick concerned will reveal a
recommended/sample circuit, which often as not is followed close enough to
make fault finding easier.

Cheers.

Ken

Site Timeline