I have an adapter for my car

I have an adapter for my car that plugs into the cig. liter, It has two outlets. I'm haveing some problems with someone geting into my car while I'm at work and I tried to record on a VCR pluging into one outlet and then a security camera pluged into the other outlet. This did not work I guess because it needs an image inorder to copy. Any suggustions? security camera's can run for extended periods of time, that is why I though of using it.

Reply to
aj