Flow chart software

Can anyone suggest freeware flow chart software that you have actually used?

JERD

Re: Flow chart software

which o/s
  all the information you can supply is good

--

Re: Flow chart software

Anyway google smartdraw , the price is right

--

Re: Flow chart software

Xfig?

A bit more definition of requirements might help.

Re: Flow chart software

Sorry for the lack of info.

XP Professional operating system
Flow chart primarily to keep track of large PICAXE project with multiple
GOSUBS and INTERRUPTS

Tnx

JERD

Re: Flow chart software

Depends on your requirements analysis, but flow charts went out when Noah
was in nappies.

Grant.

Re: Flow chart software

They did????

Re: Flow chart software

ourse not
  pmo's use them daily
  gants  as well

--

Re: Flow chart software

That would explain a lot of quality problems.
OTOH, they are still there, just that it is unfashionable to call them
that these days.

Re: Flow chart software

I've used flow charts, but they're like a last resort when a problem is
too complex to break down, and one is trying to fit it in a reasonable
space (like one A4 page) to visualise the problem space.

But, that was in the '80s and I was programming in assembler, not much
help from smart data structures or anything back then.

I dunno, there's supposed to be a 'flowcode' or such for microcontrollers
or such, I haven't looked at it closely.  But they seem to promise
programming as easy as flowcharting?

The OP's query seemed more like they had lots of code, but no idea how
to hook it together, or something, did they lose their way?

Grant.

Re: Flow chart software

dia    good for most
xfig   (+) can do things dia can't  (-) lower level
aewan  for ascii flow charts.

--
¡spuɐɥ ou 'ɐꟽ ʞooꞀ

Site Timeline