Flip-disc (Ferranti-Packard) display source?

I'm looking for a source of 7-segment flip-disc displays for a
possible clock project. These displays are commonly found on petrol
pumps. Size should be betrween 25 and 50 mm. I'll need 6 plus a couple
of spares - used serviceable is fine. Any ideas on where I can get
these?

John

Re: Flip-disc (Ferranti-Packard) display source?

There must be a lot of the old displays kicking about somewhere from
decommissioned bowsers, since they are almost invariably LCD now. Find out
who the contractor is that services your local service station bowsers and
ask them, or maybe try Gilbarco, you never know, you may actually get to
speak to someone that knows of a current source.

James

Re: Flip-disc (Ferranti-Packard) display source?

The only place in australia i have ever found that sells these is
rinstrum in queensland. They are hard to get and are not cheap.

Re: Flip-disc (Ferranti-Packard) display source?

i think LE boughen or switchesplus sell a brand of these displays

www.boughen.com.au or www.switchesplus.com.au

good luck

Site Timeline