Acrylic display lens source?

Remember the red or gray thin plastic that was coated to be non glare and s omewhat scratch resistant you put over an LED display? I've spent way too m uch time trying to find sources on this material (in sheet form). There use d to be a place called Caloric color and another Panelgraphic (too expensiv e) -- searched the heck out of it, including Alibaba etc.

Anyone by chance know of anything?

Reply to
mkr5000

google - diffused red acrylic lens sheet

Turns up lots of sources.

Martin Riddle

We use various forms of colour filters provided for the film, etc. industry. Look for ROSCO Cinefilm products or similar. A very large range of colours and thicknesses. Not so sure about durability as these are usually protected behind plexi or glass for our purposes. There is a line of Rosco Cinefilm "Tough" sheets though that may do the job for you...

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

d somewhat scratch resistant you put over an LED display? I've spent way to o much time trying to find sources on this material (in sheet form). There used to be a place called Caloric color and another Panelgraphic (too expen sive) -- searched the heck out of it, including Alibaba etc.

I've seen coloured plastic sheet at times but not kept any notes on sources . You don't want diffuse, unless it's just for lighting. There's also the o ption of nylon ribbon, it looks like it doesn't let the light through but i t does.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

somewhat scratch resistant you put over an LED display? I've spent way too much time trying to find sources on this material (in sheet form). There u sed to be a place called Caloric color and another Panelgraphic (too expens ive) -- searched the heck out of it, including Alibaba etc.

ok thanks -- good leads. also trying to find the surface with a non-glare c oating. the rosco stuff may be interesting if I can find something at 093 t hick or so. need something thicker than a film.

Reply to
mkr5000

somewhat scratch resistant you put over an LED display? I've spent way too much time trying to find sources on this material (in sheet form). There u sed to be a place called Caloric color and another Panelgraphic (too expens ive) -- searched the heck out of it, including Alibaba etc.

do you know how thick the cinegel tough is? havinf a hard time finding the specs -- do the rosco filters come in a thicker material but still with lig ht transmission? really need to find a gray if possible

Reply to
mkr5000

nd somewhat scratch resistant you put over an LED display? I've spent way t oo much time trying to find sources on this material (in sheet form). There used to be a place called Caloric color and another Panelgraphic (too expe nsive) -- searched the heck out of it, including Alibaba etc.

e specs -- do the rosco filters come in a thicker material but still with l ight transmission? really need to find a gray if possible

aka neutral density

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Do you have a Tap Plastics store nearby? They cut stuff to size.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Your 'e right, I should have said 'Matte' since he's using it for a display and you really don't want to see any thing other than the LED digits. FYI, Matte is a standard notation for a translucent display window, as far a I know.

Martin Riddle

somewhat scratch resistant you put over an LED display? I've spent way too much time trying to find sources on this material (in sheet form). There u sed to be a place called Caloric color and another Panelgraphic (too expens ive) -- searched the heck out of it, including Alibaba etc.

You can try Polymershapes. They used to be GE Plastics retail before they s old it off .

--Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff