First Apple computer expected to sell for an estimated $242,400

First Apple computer expected to sell for an estimated $242,400

Created in 1976, the Apple-1 was only worth $666.66 and was one of an estimated
200 produced by the hand of co-founder
Steve Wosniak. The original version, sold without a keyboard, monitor or power
supply, came equipped with only 8
kilobytes of RAM, which is small potatoes compared to today’s memory standards.

A major drawback of the Apple-1 was the lack of a floppy drive. The programs
were loaded onto the memory from cassette
tapes that were sold separately, making the total invoice for the Apple-1 a mere
$741.66. One tape, labeled “BASIC,”
that was used to load programming language, will be included in the sale at the
auction.

Other items said to be included will be original packaging, manuals, cassette
interface, basic tape, early documentation
and provenance and a rare letter from Steve Jobs.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-11-apple-ready-auction.html

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: First Apple computer expected to sell for an estimated $242,400

I still have my original Apple Mac with it's massive 128Kb of RAM.. :)

--
rgds,

Pete
=====

Re: First Apple computer expected to sell for an estimated $242,400
onth:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html

cases have also come a long way since those days.

Site Timeline