OT Visiting Sydney Interesting places?

Hi all I will be visiting in Sydney next week and am wondering if there are any interesting "surplus" type places worth looking at? Dave D from uN Zud

Reply to
dave

You mean you don't have a couple of cuz there to ask ? now if it were Brisbane I could help

--
Reply to
atec77

What's good in Brisbane? Tom

Reply to
Tom

Lots dependent on your interests , and of course the Gold and North Coasts

--
Reply to
atec77

**Not anymore. Don't waste your time. Sydney is, arguably, the most beautiful harbour city on the planet. Make use of Sydney's best assets. Book yourself a Habour Bridge climb and REALLY enjoy yourself. Best thing you can do in Sydney. By a very considerable margin.

The Discovery Climb is the best.

FWIW: I went with my 80 year old father-in-law. It ain't hard.

See the museums, art galleries and use the cheap public transport. Sydney has much to offer, but surplus electronics is not one of them. Not anymore, anyway.

One more thing: Stay out of the traffic! Driving in Sydney is not for the faint-hearted (or Kiwis). Sydney drivers are extremely rude, aggressive and have a 'take no prisoners' approach to their daily drive. The only drivers from OS that feel at home in Sydney are those from NYC.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

There is this place somewhere in Oatley

However, they don't have a physical shopfront, its all online .

Reply to
Vox

Yup, everyone will agree on that.

ook

can

I wouldn't say that. They bill it as "the climb of your life" it's hardly anything of the sort, more like a leisurely stroll. They view is ok, but you can get similar views without shelling out the big bucks.

Still, it's a nice thing to do. Tip if you do do it - They clip you in for the entire tour, no changing positions once in. Make sure you get FIRST in line when you clip in (just after they walk you down the street), that way you get a minute or two up the top on your own while they take photos of the other punters on the way up.

e,

I agree. Plenty of other better stuff to see and do in Sydney. How long you got here?

If you have the time, being from NZ, you'll probably appreciate the Blue Mountains.

nd

Good advice!

Dave.

David L. Jones

**HUH? Have you visited the Blue Mountains? Have you visited NZ? No comparison. NZ has some utterly spectacular mountain vistas. Don't get me wrong: The Blue Mountains is nice and all that (I've abseiled, hiked and enjoyed canyoning in a few places in the Blue Mountains, but there is no compasion to what the Kiwis have. For me, all my geography lessons finally made sense in NZ. NZ has it all. Shame it's full of New Zealanders. :-)

I remember ordering sixty cents worth of chips on my first day there. That experience, alone, has provided me with 25 years of chuckles.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Yes, and Yes. In fact I have written a popular guide to canyoning in the Blue Mountains.

me

Funny that you mention canyoning. It just so happens I once hosted about half of NZ's exploratory canyoning community (it's a fairly small community!) on a trip through one of our finest slot canyons here in the mountains. They were awe struck at the beauty and nature of our canyons, they hadn't seen anything like it. And these are guys who have found and explored the best canyons NZ has to offer. Here is a photo taken on the trip by one of the NZ canyoners. The dork in the blue helmet is me.

8-Aug.jpg (that's the yearly Ozcanyons community calendar I produce. I also help out on the NZ community calendar too)

It's no mistake that Australia and the Blue Mountains region is one of the most popular destinations for dedicated NZ hikers (sorry "trampers") and canyoners, and just the general NZ population. I've found that because NZ'ers have such spectacular wilderness of their own then they can really appreciate what we have to offer too, more so than most. They seem to "get it" and enjoy experiencing wilderness in other parts of the world instead of sticking their fingers in their ears and proclaim they have the best of everything so why bother seeing anything else. And that's why I mentioned it to OP, as he might appreciate such stuff.

To try and compare wilderness experiences in different countries, with different geology and different flora and fauna is just ridiculous, and I pity anyone who tries. And also anyone who thinks they shouldn't experience other places because they have already seen "the best".

I share your enthusiasm for NZ, it's one of the most spectacular wilderness places I have visited, but I recon you are massively wrong that they "have it all".

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones