finding part for syntrx motorola commercial radio

Looking for part for syntrx motorola commercial radio.20%

MC1468705G2S

MICROCONTROLLER,8-BIT,6805 CPU,CMOS,DIP,40PIN,CERAMIC

Is this part in someone's draw. I have these radios in my car as chat =
chat on 2metre band and uhf cb radio when traveling.20%

I have tried different chips out of other syntrx but the one I have is a =
bit rare somehow.  I wish to keep these radios in working order as they =
are all set up with remote cables and boot mounted.20%

Please leave message if you have one or two for sale .... message.... v =
k 4 j z z at hot mail dot com

cheers        Mick20%

Re: finding part for syntrx motorola commercial radio

  Looking for part for syntrx motorola commercial radio.20%

  MC1468705G2S

  MICROCONTROLLER,8-BIT,6805 CPU,CMOS,DIP,40PIN,CERAMIC

  Is this part in someone's draw. I have these radios in my car as chat =
chat on 2metre band and uhf cb radio when traveling.20%

  I have tried different chips out of other syntrx but the one I have is =
a bit rare somehow.  I wish to keep these radios in working order as =
they are all set up with remote cables and boot mounted.20%

  Please leave message if you have one or two for sale .... message.... =
v k 4 j z z at hot mail dot com

  cheers        Mick20%

  This is a very old Motorola OTP (one time programable)  =
microcontroller  that is custom programmed for the comercial radio.

  (Motorola sold off the micro controller division to Freescale)

  Even if you were able to get a blank MC1468705G2S  or the freescale =
equiv  then  you still need the program file to program the micro.

  [I strongly suspect the MC1468705G2S is obsolete for many years]

  Hence... it sound very difficult to souce MC1468705G2S unless you get =
"exactly" the correct micro or  reverse engineer and redesign with =
another "similar" micro (a full redesign)

  Joe

[...]

    Hi.

    This radio has a jockey board on it with a eprom that has been =
programmed for uhf cb radio. The main chip that needs replacing is not =
being used totally. I remember the guys who programmed them did not do =
anything except jockey board it and put in a eprom. Does that make =
sense. I am not a tech but that may explain it a bit.20%

Re: finding part for syntrx motorola commercial radio

Have a look at:
http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/cross/data_sheets/6805_eprom_programming.pdf

looks like this micro has a boot loader, and about 2K of EEPROM, so I
think you may be out of luck.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: finding part for syntrx motorola commercial radio

Yes, that's correct..  you build a little circuit that includes a programmed
EPROM and then when you power up and hit go it copies the contents from the
EPROM to the Motorola Micro.

Hence it will be very difficult to source.

Joe

Re: finding part for syntrx motorola commercial radio

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:59:06 +1000, "news"

2metre band and uhf cb radio when traveling.
rare somehow.  I wish to keep these radios in working order as they are all set
up with remote cables and boot mounted.
z at hot mail dot com

Mick, you need to explain why you (think you) need these micros.

Normally in a Syntrx they were custom coded for the
options/peculiarities of the particular SP radio.  As you mentioned
UHF CB I presume that you don't require the signalling features that
would normally invoke the 1468705.

Site Timeline