EEVblog Live Event

For those interested in such things, I'm doing my first live streaming
EEVblog event tomorrow morning (8am Monday, Sydney time). See:
http://www.eevblog.com/2010/05/21/the-eevblog-live-show /

Dave.

Re: EEVblog Live Event

"David L. Jones"

** Wot  ???

Dave appearing live in his pyjamas with a bowl of soggy Corn Flakes in his
hand ??

Reality TV can be taken too far you know .......

...  Phil

Re: EEVblog Live Event

only 2 minutes
waiting...........
waiting...........

d:-)

--
Don McKenzie

Re: EEVblog Live Event

Scene 1:

Poor Dave trips up in a USB cable, and knocks a glass of water over his
wife's Notebook computer.

08:10 he is back into it now.

http://www.eevblog.com/2010/05/21/the-eevblog-live-show /

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: EEVblog Live Event

Nope, gone down about 08:15 Aust EST
I guess he was using the same notebook for the video blog.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: EEVblog Live Event

What are the odds of that, frigg'n hilarious!
Yes, spilled water over the eeePC doing the live feed!
EPIC FAIL!
It ran for about 5 minutes with the water and then just died completely.
Tried to dry it out and get back on air, but it just wouldn't even turn on.
Remembered I still had my old crusty webcam so dug it out and got on with
the show on the desktop in the study.

Hard drive data is ok.

Great fun!

Dave.

Re: EEVblog Live Event

Sounds a lot more fun than "reality TV" and more true to how things go
in real life too ;)

Re: EEVblog Live Event

Cubeee the eeePC has risen from the ashes. I'm out of the dog house.

Dave.

Re: EEVblog Live Event

OK Great Dave,

I felt it was the one I talked you into from "catch of the day".

And I knew where to get cheap keyboards, as I got one posted at about
$18.55AUD from honkers, so I was waiting to see how you got on. But when
you said there was water on top of the drive, I thought the motherboard
etc., would be fried.

It made for an interesting live video blog. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: EEVblog Live Event

Yep, that's the one.

It did indeed.
After downloading the recorded footage from Ustream it's pretty obvious the
eeePC and/or the wireless connection was simply not up to the task. It was
almost unwatchable, the video would drop out for 10's of seconds at a time.
The second part which used my desktop directly connected to the net didn't
drop any visible frames that I could see in 51 minutes of recording, and
that was using my ancient webcam.

So it was an interesting trial. More experiments and different hardware
required before trying again.

Dave.
Re: EEVblog Live Event

08:35 running on another system