Double Headed Fakes - Page 2

Re: Double Headed Fakes

"Bob Parker"

** This arvo, when browsing that long list on Wiki of  " notable incidents "
I searched for an early 1960s Viscount crash - since I was sure there  WAS
one back then in Aussie.

Only I had the idea it went down in Bass straight ?

......   Phil

Re: Double Headed Fakes

    According to
http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi-bin/aircraft_detail.cgi?aircraft=Vickers+Viscount
(turn your popup blocker on) there have been three Viscount crashes in
Aust: in Sydney, Port Hedland and Winton.

    There've been a few plane crashes in Bass Strait, but no Viscounts
got mentioned, according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Strait_Triangle#History_of_Incidents_-_Aviation

Bob

Re: Double Headed Fakes

Speaking of air disasters and counterfeit parts, during one really bad  =

thunderstorm
at night I heard this plane come down less than 2Km from where I lived:

http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi-bin/view_details.cgi?date3D%10231975&reg3D %
VH-CLS&airline3D%Connair+Ply

http://stoenworks.com/Flying%20the%204-engined.html

    My Dad was almost booked on that flight but was able to an earlier flig=
ht  =

due to
a cancelled booking and was home when it crashed on approach.

    As far as counterfeit parts go it's common for helicopter parts "out of=
  =

hours"
or past their use by date to be pressed back into service. Certain model=
s  =

of helicopters
are known to shed rotor blades and over the years have had the official =
 =

service lifetime
of the blades reduced more than once due to "accidents".

    My favourite story was of the 1950's vintage Hiller helicopter that use=
d  =

laminated
wood and metal rotor blades: the engineers fitted a new set and could no=
t  =

get them to
dynamically balance at all. Further inspection found the blades were  =

counterfeits that had
been made of palm tree wood at a local Egyptian carpenter's. This occurr=
ed  =

in the 1980's
sometime if I recall correctly.

Re: Double Headed Fakes

As if you could actually speak to the CEO, or he would care if you did.

MrT.

Re: Double Headed Fakes

"Phil Allison"

 ** Or here:

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/alt.binaries.schematics.electronic.html

Look for:  " Double Headed Fakes MEX190 "  002.jpeg  &  003.jpeg.

Site Timeline