Do Not Call register now working - Page 4

Re: Do Not Call register now working

Depends on your business. I am getting most of my warranty work requests by
fax.

Rudolf

Re: Do Not Call register now working

I just installed an old PC funning free fax software that allowed me to
blacklist certain numbers. then it was just like delete the spam that
slips through.

Re: Do Not Call register now working

"Rudolf"

**  That is clearly illegal.

 The ACMA can remove any fax numbers from the register.

......  Phil

Re: Do Not Call register now working

  So the 'do not call register' is even more useless than before.  Great.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: Do Not Call register now working

I mean that I have it listed for business, not in registry.

Sorry for the confusion.

Telemarketers call (voice call) and have a nice chat with fax machine.

Rudolf

Re: Do Not Call register now working

Ah, and quite funny it is too. :-)  Strange how my fax machine can't
translate the Indian or Pakistani accent either. :P

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Do Not Call register now working

http://www.dcita.gov.au/communications_for_consumers/telephone_services/do_not_call /

I agree, ever since I have registered on this list I have received more Spam
calls than ever..... Frustrating

Regards

AJ

Re: Do Not Call register now working

It doesnt seem to stop the indian "telephone/mobile plan" spam calls,
but has slowed them.

Re: Do Not Call register now working

If the call starts
"We'd like tothank you for being a Telstra customer......."
Just say "thank you" and hang up.

Only took a few calls before the droids stopped,
but I do not have MOB, which I understand they are spruiking atm.

Re: Do Not Call register now working

I have had several calls in the last 2 weeks from Telstra - and its
usually a different local "telstra shop" (including a local area phone
number) rather than a telstra call centre?  Also annoying is that they
(unsolicited) also seem to happily quote all sorts of account details
etc at you, I would think a reseller shouldnt have this info without
your request in relation to trying to shaft you from CDMA to NextG.
When I refer to the NextG as "those phones that have the really bad
coverage compared to CDMA" They seem to get a bit put out by this, and
they really must be pushing to sell this stuff.

Also I noticed on ACA today about the recording of customer
conversations in telstra shops, and shipping the recordings off to the
USA for evaluation. This was very disturbing, and Im starting to
wonder what is the lowest limit of depths this company will go to.

The rubbish from the banks has been happening once more, and its never
about anything useful - always rubbish like insurance etc.  Responses
like "Im more interested in converting to a fee free account" usually
result in confusion.

Re: Do Not Call register now working

     Things are going from bad to worse. On the positive side, I can
tell everyone that after I asked Telstra to take me off their
telemarketing lists, I haven't had a single telemarketing call from them.
     Now if only Westpac would do likewise ....

Bob

Site Timeline