Dimmer Kit

G'Day all. Many years (at least 15-20) ago my dad made a 240V touch light dimmer from a kit. Quick touch on-off. Fingers on dim-up/dim-down. The finished product consisted of a brushed aluminium plate in a blank HPM mount. They have since moved out of home and the switches are still in the wall there. I know there was a later kit which featured infra-red and multi output, but I liked the original, simpler and cheaper. I'm sure it would have been in EA or ETI, silicon chip weren't around at that stage, but I haven't had much luck in finding it, even with google. Is there anyone out there who may have a copy of the article, still have one of the switched, or a schematic or PCB lay-out, that would be fantastic. Many thanks in advance

Reply to
Fonz

"Fonz"

** Very likely the "Touch Light Dimmer " published in EA magazine in April 1983.

The same article included a remote control option.

A follow up in August had a timer

** Try the inimitable *Bob Barnes* at RCS Radio, Chester Hill, Sydney.

Sells PCBs & copies of published articles for every Aussie mag project ever.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

SC June/July 1989 described a project using a dedicated lamp control IC, Siemens SLB0586.

These are obsolete now and you might find it difficult to buy one-off or small quantities.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Aztronics stock list shows qty 10 at $3 ea

Ross Herbert