Digital Amplifier Modules

Does anyone know where I can obtain an ongoing supply
of digital audio amplifier modules that can produce about
100W or more into 8 ohms?

-Mike

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

"Mike Warren" <miwa-not-this-bit@or-this-cairnscarsound.com.au

** Firstly -  the proper name is Class D or "PWM" amplifier, such amps are
every inch analogue devices.

Now, does your idea of an "amplifier module" include an integral power
supply ?

Its not much use having a tiny and light power amp when you still need a
large and heavy PSU to run it.

I see a link to car audio in your email addy -  so do you need 12 volt DC
operation ??

Is this for full audio range use  - or just a woofer or sub woofer?

Supplying a few tiny details and a bit of context would have been nice.

.........  Phil

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response.

I think anyone who is able to help would know what I was talking
about. You certainly did. :-)

I was really hoping someone would be able point me to a supplier
of these types of amps so I could see what was available off the self.

Yes.

No. The unit they would be fitted to is powered by 240V AC.

Full range.

At this stage I am just looking into the feasibility of replacing our
current IC based system with something lighter and smaller.

-Mike

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

"Mike Warren"

** The term "digital amplifier" is misleading & highly ambiguous - so best
avoided.

 "PWM amp " or  "Class D amp" is clear and far preferable.

 **  Hopin' and a wishin'  ..........

**  Are my words invisible to you ??

That remark has no relation to my comment.

BTW

Your application must be a  HUGE  secret as you still will not give me a
clue what it is.

Your post reads like a dumb troll & I suspect you are after what does not
exist at the price you want to pay.

However -  Powersoft in Italy make PWM amps with integral SMPS  - but maybe
with more watts than you need.

http://pro-audio.powersoft.it/an_series_list.php?use_in63%&id_menu21%3&id10 %

The local agent is:

Production Audio Services Pty Ltd
Address: 17 King Street Blackburn, Victoria 3130
Phone: +61 3 98781444

........     Phil

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

Mike,

We carry such modules from LC Audio of Denmark. You can see more here:

http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/lcaudio/lc_audio_zappulse.htm

Please call me on (02) 4627-8766 during business hours to discuss your
needs.

Leon Gross
Soundlabs Group

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

"Leon"

** OK  -  I see a tiny SMD covered PCB with a coil in the centre.

No power supply included, as the OP required.

The suggested mains transformer weighs 4 kg  -  so hardly light weight.

No case, no EMC shielding supplied.

I see some THD specs that make no sense  -  hiding more than revealing the
performance.

The tiny PCB alone is circa  $300.

OTOH

Powersoft ( see my earlier post) can supply the "DigiMod 1000"  -  a
complete power amplifier including SMPS, in a case & fully EMC compliant and
ready to use with excellent specs.  Only weighs 1.1 kg,  all up.

..........   Phil

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

"Phil"

He said the unit it is to be mounted into runs off 240V, a simple diode
bridge and a two filter caps will provide a power supply from a 240V
transformer.

If you need full power sure, but he only needs 100W, so a much smaller
transformer can be used.

I did say it was a module, not a fully finished amplifier.

performance.
In what way? The measurements were done in Denmark, not by us, I'd be
interested to know so I can bring it up with LC Audio. Did you see the
datasheet with more info?

Well $275- actually which includes GST. We hope to have a lower price
soon when the next shipment arrives, about $225-. The module is quite
small, PCB itself was based on the size of a credit card, not bad for
an amplifier module (sans power supply) that can deliver 200W RMS into
8 Ohms, even more for the uprated version!

Anyway, Mike wanted to see what was out there, so I am showing him one
possible option!

Leon Gross
Soundlabs Group

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

"Leon" <

** Quote:

"  Now, does your idea of an "amplifier module" include an integral power
 supply ?

   Yes.  "

 ** The OP wanted lightweight.

** The OP wanted a finished amplifier PLUS

   A  SMD  PCB alone is not a  "module".

 **  Your problem  you cannot interpret basic specs.

**  It is an overpriced gimmick  -  at best.

It totally totally fails to meet the essential requirements of light weight,
low cost and being even a legally usable product.

..........  Phil

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:15:45 +1000, "Phil Allison"

Take a look at their preamp !

http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/lcaudio/lc_audio_sidewinder_pre_amp.htm

40,000uf filter capacitors for the preamp rails, and a switchmode
power supply (driven by the regular power supply.

I didnt know you would get any significant difference in the sound
quality by reversing the active and neutral in the mains plug !

Re: Digital Amplifier Modules

I have to say it looks small and clever but the prices are crazy no
realistic gripof the market place, 2 channel modules are available for
$30.00  so asking $275.00 is ridiculous.  Also PSU,s are available that
weight ounces rather than KGs
the
and

Site Timeline