Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Computer fan speed control pot?
May 24, 2005, 1:03 pm
rate this thread
I installed another fan in my computer case. Now it sounds like a Jumbo
Jet taking off. I realised that I only need the fan when the weather is hot.
I got to wondering if I couldn't install a pot in series with the fan to
slow down it's speed and, by turning slower, quiet it down.
Trouble is I don't know what size of pot (in ohms) to put in the line.
Re: Computer fan speed control pot?
There's all sorts of things you can do.
Have a look at
Or consider an off the shelf item like
IMHO pots present problems, either use PWM or a switched diode voltage
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design