Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Colour code for M205 Fuses ?
September 4, 2005, 6:21 am
rate this thread
Can anyone advise on colour codes used on Fuses ?. The one I have is out
of a Philips 29PT688 TV, ceramic M205 style (5mm x 20mm), but it doesn't
have any ratings stamped on the caps only says 250v.
The colour code reads [green,black,red & blue(wide line)]. I'm guessing
this means 5,0,00 or 5amps. Does anyone know what the wide blue line means?
Is it a fast acting or slow blow? any web links or ideas. I've tried google
etc but can't find a reference to this particular coding scheme.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Re: Colour code for M205 Fuses ?
** I have a 20x5 fuse here that is colour coded as well as stamped.
The bands are orange, brown, red & wide blue.
The stamped rating is 3.15 amps, slo-blo, 250 volt.
It seems the number code is the same as for resistors - in mA instead of
So using that as a basis, your fuse is a 5 amp, slo-blo, 250 volt.
- » Circuit diagram for Samsung CTV 486 51c.m. television.
- — Next thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » ACCORDO DI PRESTITO RAPIDO E SERIO. ....... Email: email@example.com
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Hobby (Italian)